Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Outback and WRX CVT
2,551 Posts
Real car FTL. I noticed our FXTs are a lot slower through the course than the tanks.

:lol:

Awesome. Thanks!

As I've said before, as a strict on-road driving kind of guy, this sort of thing always impresses the heck out of me.

:smile:

·
Registered
01 forester
59 Posts
hahaha yup ive done a lot worse than those 09 foz's and ive gone through fine :)

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
Crazy Ukrainians :) I want to ride on a tank.

Are these official Subaru employees testing cars? Looked like they were wearing uniforms with "Subaru" logos.

Stan

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No way would an '09 beat an SF/SG off road.
Yes, it would... because of the addition of VDC and TCS. The SH can send traction to a single wheel and get going even if the other three wheels are slipping... Try that with a non-VDC equipped SG or SF and it's tow-truck time.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I speak from experience... I've been stuck in the mud before! :lol:

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,263 Posts
Great find!!!

joe r

·
Registered
MY08 Forester 2.5XT
101 Posts
Yes, it would... because of the addition of VDC and TCS. The SH can send traction to a single wheel and get going even if the other three wheels are slipping... Try that with a non-VDC equipped SG or SF and it's tow-truck time.
Can the VDC really do that? I thought of it as more hindrance than help in off road situations cos they tend to limit wheel spin. But if they limit it just to TRANSFER those torque to the other, then its a plus!!

SF/SG models got rear LSDs. I thought those work as fine off road.

·
Registered
MY08 Forester 2.5XT
101 Posts
I've seen that yes. But the single wheel traction test was done on the Legacy, which has the VTD, and I already know VTD can do that. As for the Forester, they only do front/rear axle wheel slip test.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts