Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First (and sort of silly) post here, hi.

EU 2.0 non-turbo CVT petrol. Only the turbo (XT) model was offered the option of keyless entry + push start by the dealer.

To clarify (seems to be some confusion here and there) I am talking about the feature where you carry a fob and can unlock/lock the car touching the handle and start the engine pushing a button.

I have been browsing and can see that all sorts of official Subaru kits (dimming rear/side mirrors, remote unlock, etc) are for sale. I have not, however, found information or part numbers regarding the keyless access and push start feature.

Is keyless access and push start so much more integral to the vehicle that a kit is not or will not be sold separately? At least one made by Subaru? (Aware of third party offers)

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT - EyeSight
659 Posts
The japanese accessory catalogue shows a remote start/keyless access kit, but not sure if it's just remote start or actualy keyless/push button...

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh boy. :icon_biggrin: Wonder how an electrician with no experience installing those will fare? Should run the instructions by some.

More importantly, how badly will an aftermarket kit of this complexity affect with my warranty? I'm guessing I'll lose it? The car is on a lease and I believe that sets some limits to what I can do with it. I'm installing the OEM leather shifter set (mirror black + leather cover) later this month, will ask the dealership about what options I have with this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts