Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Forester
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ppls, Im the proud owner of a my02 GT Forester. When I brought it 2nd hand I only recieved one key. This key is the dbl button fob key. The car also has an alarm. My problem began when i got the key wet. After drying it out, replacing the battery, it was intermittently working, now it doesn't want to unlock. The key (remote button) still locks the car, but wont unlock it. This issue has led me to disable the alarm (i could still start the car with the alarm going, which triggered as soon as I opened the door with the key, so i drove it to the closest auto elec, picture me rolling down the ). I have been reading he forums since and have read that after market are available (trying to avoid dealer costs) but i cant find any anywhere. Do I need to re-program the key, is that possible?? Or do I need a new key and where can I get one from?

Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
2016 & 2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,777 Posts
I'd suggest posting this in the Aus/NZ Forum. Otherwise you'll get lots of well-meaning assistance that just isn't relevant to your situation. Remotes tend to be different in each different national market due to differing regulations pertaining to use of the radio spectrum.

·
Registered
2002 Forester
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forester Key Fob Broken???

Hi Ppls, Im the proud owner of a my02 GT Forester. When I brought it 2nd hand I only recieved one key. This key is the dbl button fob key. The car also has an alarm. My problem began when i got the key wet. After drying it out, replacing the battery, it was intermittently working, now it doesn't want to unlock. The key (remote button) still locks the car, but wont unlock it. This issue has led me to disable the alarm (i could still start the car with the alarm going, which triggered as soon as I opened the door with the key, so i drove it to the closest auto elec, picture me rolling down the ). I have been reading he forums since and have read that after market are available (trying to avoid dealer costs) but i cant find any anywhere. Do I need to re-program the key, is that possible?? Or do I need a new key and where can I get one from?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2002 Forester
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Transponder??

Anyone?? Do I need to get a new fob?? Which I am having trouble locating (haven't tried the dealers yet) or does it need reprogramming. Any hints on where to get a new transponder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.