Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Touring CVT
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience or recommendations for trails preferably within a two hour of Denver?

I have a trip planned to Denver at the end of October and would like to explore some trails. My Forester is lowered 1.5" (please spare me the criticism) but I do plan to pick up a set of Falken Wildpeak AT Trails. Not looking to tackle anything crazy, just get off the beaten path a bit and explore some hikes and views.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
19' Limited
30 Posts
I used to drive up to Gray's and Torrey's to hike in my 01 that had 5.5"? clearance if I remember right. Kind of a fun little road and a great hike, might be too sketchy weather in Oct though.

·
Registered
2008 Forester 2.5x Sports, auto trans, 235k miles and counting
6 Posts
Owl Creek Pass is doable in a stock WRX, so may work for a lowered Forester.
Last Dollar Road is easy in a stock Forester, but may be rough in a lowered one.
Marshall Pass is probably fine.

·
Registered
2020 Forester Limited
7 Posts
Boreas pass is a good one if not snowed in yet. Also Shrine pass is good, again, depending on snow. Late October is iffy.

·
Registered
2018 Premium 2.5i 6M
229 Posts
What kind of trails are you wanting to hike? There is a good number of easily reachable ones between Eisenhower Tunnel and Vail Pass off the interstate, where I live: Ptarmigan, Willowbrook, Angler, Salt Lick, Meadow Creek, Peaks, Tenderfoot. I'd second Shrine Pass. Each of these has different difficulties, depending on what you want. And come prepared, clothes-wise, with whatever type of weather may come.

Evergreen, which is pretty close to Denver, has some good trails, too.

What will really determine the feasibility of hiking is the snow. We already had our first snow storm last week; late October has varied, season to season.

Best thing I can recommend is put together a list of trails close to Denver as well as those you'd be willing to drive to, weather depending. This way, you'll have at least something to hike whether snow hits heavy, light, or melted off.

And if it is snowing in the High Country, please stay in the Denver area. Early storms, from my experience working with CDOT, are the worst as far as accidents because people have forgotten how to drive in snow/ice/storms.

·
Registered
2017 Forester Touring CVT
1,209 Posts
The San Juans is where its at.
Absolutely beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts