Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Forester 2.0i N/A CVT
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone on the forum in Europe has experiences with the new e-Boxer Forester.Please share your experiences!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Driving it from time to time.
Well, the car basically is the same as the one for USDM if we talk about the space inside.
Of course, there is no space for the spare wheel in the trunk.

The engine is the FB20W and, at least in EU, it has the GPF.
Well, is definitely not a sport car, but is pretty nice to drive, she handles nice, not so much rolling.
On the hybrid side, the small electrical engine can support the ICE during acceleration and, under 80 km/h, when you release the gas pedal, ICE shuts down and you can press the gas pedal really gently to proceed forward in electric. Well, you cannot accelerate that way, but you can reduce a lot the deceleration.
On the other hand, starting from 0km/h is not so easy with only the electrical engine.

Consumptions: in pure city/with traffic, expect about 7.8 to 8.2 l/100km.
Extra-urban you can easily get on at most 7 l/100km.

Last but not least: this hybrid system has nothing to do with the Toyota one, shares no components with it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Forgot to mention, all trims are coming with Eyesight and CVT of course, rear and side camera, led fog lights, electric mirrors, dual clima, 4 USB ports (2 in front and 2 on rear), speed limiter, cruise control, X-Mode with 2 levels (snow and deep snow/mud), 6 speakers and 8" Starlink system (gen 3.1)
Upper trims have RAB, no front camera, no front parking aid, electric trunk, electric front seats, keyless entry and push-to-start button, high beam assist, driver monitoring system, 6 speakers and 8" starlink system (3.1, also with Nav)

·
Administrator
14,115 Posts
This prompted me to have a look at the specs of the 2.0 E-Boxer Forester and have decided it's a gimmick; not worth the extra $ over here compared to the 2.5, especially when a traction battery replacement becomes due, lower power than the 2.5 and not much fuel saved overall. I checked the Subie UK site and seems you guys cannot get the 2.5 so I guess you're stuck with the E-Boxer.

·
Registered
63 Posts
yep, in Europe is only available the FB20W e-boxer, same for the Impreza (hatchback, sedan is not sold here) as well as the XV (Crosstrek in US). Probably also the Levorg could be sold with the e-boxer powertrain 2nd half of 2020.

Then, about the myth "oh my god, you will have to change the high voltage battery". If things are done properly, basically you will thrown away your car with that original high voltage battery.

·
Administrator
14,115 Posts
basically you will thrown away your car with that original high voltage battery.
Not if you keep cars as long as I do ;) I had a Range Rover for 16 years; my Foz is now 18 yo and my ute is 10 yo.

Maybe I could somehow recover a RR and do this (it's exactly the same as mine):

1 - 7 of 7 Posts