1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester Diesel
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:woohoo:
Hi all
I have using this forum to decide between forester and outack.
I have a 2000 outback (2.5l MT) 215,000kms ( 130,000miles) thats pretty tired and with the HG leaking and noisy gearbox but still drives well.
A new Forester 2.0 diesel steel silver is coming my way in 2-3 weeks hopefully.
Went for the premium (leather sunroof etc) to spoil myself haha.
Only available is MT (6speed) but the write ups have been good regarding this box.
I mainly do road and tracks and once a year on the beach so it should be a great car for this with a bit better clearance then the Outback.
Cheers

TS :woohoo:

·
Registered
99 RS
111 Posts
Darn it I wish they would bring that into North America as I am shopping around for a TDI but would rather stay in the Subie community.

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5X 5 speed manual
2,136 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Florida. Wish we could get diesel here.

·
Registered
05 Forester XT
699 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Arizona lucky illegitimate offspring.
Post some pics when you get a car.I would love to have one for sure

·
Registered
2010 Deisel XTP
9 Posts
Premium Deisel

Hi All,
Just joined so be nice.
I ordered a Deisel Forester bout 2 months ago and it should be here in about a month. Cant wait.
I have the price for it. Newport Blue, Premium model and manual of course. $44218 drive away. No sat nav or reverse camera. They say it cant be factory fitted in the diesel (dealer couldn't explain) but can be fitted at dealer. The dealer is looking at fitting a Pioneer model (camera included also) which I can load music and different files onto its hard drive, so that'll be even better than the standard one.
Anyway, alot info for one post so let me know how everyone else is getting on with your diesel orders. I cannot wait to get it. Never had a Subaru before or turbo or diesel.

·
Registered
2010 Forester Diesel
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good price
I paid 45000 with mats towbar blue tooth and cargo tray and front tint
. How much for pioneer?
Do you know what colour the leather is?
Thanks

·
Registered
2006 Forester Auto
145 Posts
I own a TDI diesel and it is a fantastic car. I may need to sell it as I may have a job offer where I will be in bumber to bumber traffic everyday and won't want the 5 speed and hassle of stepping on the clutch 5000 times a day.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,829 Posts

·
Registered
MY09 XSn 2.0 Diesel 6MT
967 Posts
truemanshow & scorcher80, Welcome to the Diesel Club, that's another continent on the list :woohoo:

All we need now is for South Africa and South America to join in, the circle will be complete and world domination can begin :biggrin:

·
Registered
2010 Forester Diesel
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Thanks for the welcome.
Of the forty houses in my estate the subie cont is:-

Foresters 5 soon to be 6 with mine
Brumby 1
Outbacks 4
Impreza sportswagon 3
WRX 1
Liberty 1

A dominant brand I'd say:rock:
+ i vortex in poor condition

·
Registered
2003 WRX
5 Posts
Hi Guys,
I am in the process of getting a diesel forester for the Boss (aka wife), so i am looking around for some reviews. Have just test drive one on the weekend but it's very hard to decide between the diesel and the XT as I am going from an 2004sti (with [email protected] wheels), which i will be trading in. The fuel consumption quoted on the diesel do attract me. Are there any with issues with this boxer diesel motor????

thanks guys.
smiley

·
Registered
2010 Forester Diesel
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Picked up the new forester

:Banane08:
Picked up the new forester today....changed colour to camelia red, leather hid lights , moonroof, electric seat etc etc
love the needle sweep on starting the car.
Had 21km on the clock and a full tank of diesel. Now its up to 160km.
I was concerned about reports about the manual transmission but I love it. However I rarely get out of 4th gear around town
Pics below ...
We it won't let me upload?/

·
Registered
MY09 XSn 2.0 Diesel 6MT
967 Posts
truemanshow, can you post up the gear/diff ratio's for your AUS spec diesel.

Mike.

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,254 Posts
Darn it I wish they would bring that into North America as I am shopping around for a TDI but would rather stay in the Subie community.
I just want SOME kind of diesel AWD 6MT wagon option. If the TDI Jetta Wagon were to become available in AWD, I'd have a hard time not trading my Outback in on one.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts