Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new subaru forester X premium was broken into last night. Since there wasn't much in the car, the thief went off with the GPS . Now, I have no idea how he got into the car. There are no external damages, the window, the frame look just fine. I am slightly perplexed.

Did anybody else have similar experiences? and how can I ensure this doesn't happen again?

a worried subaru owner!

rohini

·
Registered
2000 Impreza, 2003 Bugeye Sport, 2010 Base, 2014 Base, 2015 Premium, 2017 Limited, 2020 Touring
1,020 Posts
My new subaru forester X premium was broken into last night. Since there wasn't much in the car, the thief went off with the GPS . Now, I have no idea how he got into the car. There are no external damages, the window, the frame look just fine. I am slightly perplexed.

Did anybody else have similar experiences? and how can I ensure this doesn't happen again?

a worried subaru owner!

rohini
That stinks. Does your car have the alarm system?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no, pretty sure it was locked. The car was parked in the apartment parking space. Looks as if someone was able to open it with some key as the doors are intact. Is that possible?

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,723 Posts
frameless windows?

a knowledgable thief can pry them back and hit the unlock buttons with something from inside. But *i think* the alarm should still go off.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,156 Posts
Except for the alarm not going off I'd say they used a slim jim. But, minor recompense I know, your loss is confined to the value of the GPS. Most GPS theft leaves damage of much greater cost.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,093 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT 4EAT
2,265 Posts
I know on my '09 XT, if you open the door (after locking it) and do not use the key fob transmitter, it blasts the horn really quickly and loud until you put the ignition key into the ignition and turn it to "on".

·
Registered
2007 2.5X 5mt
943 Posts
My forester was broken into last September. $1600 in damage to the dash to get the cd player out. Even found and pried the amp from under the driver seat. A few days later another $1000 done by a driver backing into me at a parking space in my passenger side.

·
Registered
2003 XTi Cross Sports 4EAT :(
1,352 Posts
My forester was broken into last September. $1600 in damage to the dash to get the cd player out. Even found and pried the amp from under the driver seat. A few days later another $1000 done by a driver backing into me at a parking space in my passenger side.
Wow...... That is major suckage.

·
aka DMax in Alaska
'06 Mini Cooper S JCW 6MT
786 Posts
I hate thieves. My son took on to the ground at gun point 2 years ago and held him there till the local PD and Troopers arrived. It was quite comical, scary, but comical. I told him not to do that again. Funniest thing...he knew the kid from high school.

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
Goes to show-- nowadays, especially in big cities, unless your car is in an enclosed, lockable garage, nothing is safe, alarm or not.

I drink your milkshake.

·
Registered
2009 L.L. Bean Forester
6 Posts
Was there a little hole under the door handle? I friend sent me an email about thieves making a little hole in the passage door and opening it and stealing whatever that can steal. Most people won't notice it until that find something missing from their car. For example some thieves will a find checkbook and only take a few checks. Most people may not notice it until it is too late.

·
Registered
2003 Forester X 4EAT
690 Posts
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. I've had that happen to my previous car and it sucked. Unless you have had that happen to you, you really can't understand the feelings of anger and violation! :yell:

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
Was there a little hole under the door handle? I friend sent me an email about thieves making a little hole in the passage door and opening it and stealing whatever that can steal. Most people won't notice it until that find something missing from their car. For example some thieves will a find checkbook and only take a few checks. Most people may not notice it until it is too late.
And how do they get in through the little hole?

·
Registered
09 Forester 2.5X
704 Posts
Wow...all that for a GPS. ****ers.

It's such a ****ty feeling walking to your car in the morning to find shattered glass and your CD player missing. Then to pop the trunk and notice all your audio stuff is gone.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts