Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all-

Please post any ideas/inspirations etc. for SF/SG bodykits. Pics of nice aero pieces on other cars, material/cost feedback, and anything else that pertains to new body kit design(s) is welcome. This will help hammer out a path toward what will hoepfully be a new offering or two for our beloved grocery getters.

I'll start....

The SG5 front bumper/spoiler MUST be front mount friendly. The only current setup that is even close right now is the Liberal FRP bumper.

let's have those ideas....

_D

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
To start it off I say make it so it accepts large fog lights, like the 1999-2003 wrx style. Absolutely love large fogs on subaru's. I know they make hella's that cost next to nothing that are about the same size wich would be cool.

If you can make it sleek like the forester sti and incorperate the large fogs, I'de be all over it.

Bland...

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To start it off I say make it so it accepts large fog lights, like the 1999-2003 wrx style. Absolutely love large fogs on subaru's. I know they make hella's that cost next to nothing that are about the same size wich would be cool.

If you can make it sleek like the forester sti and incorperate the large fogs, I'de be all over it.

Bland...

I'm with you. A front mount provision and fog holes large enough to mount the Hella rallye style lights. Most colored Foresters with some Black Magic's up front would look killer.

-D

·
Registered
FXT and Wifes Leggy
481 Posts
Room for a front mount is key and so is the fitment. Where as an add-on lip works for some, a whole bumper replacement would be best for a fmic on an FXT. Notice how thin the under peice is on the factory bumper! Just slapping a lip on there will look warped and not be stable at high speed w/out just replacing the whole bumper to conform to a fmic. Whole bumper FTW!!!!! The liberal kit is great inspiration and such a hot kit to model after!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for posting that pic VSB. I agree with you. The best solution will be a complete front bumper replacement.

If you look closely at the Liberal front bumper, it's not really that great for a front mount. The fiberglass that surrounds the opening is pretty far recessed, and it appears there is a support that may block the mounting of the core.

anyone else running a front mount?

·
Recovering Modaholic
1,304 Posts
photoshop of a do luck bugeye bumper fitted to the XT...plenty of room for large fogs and FMIC

C

·
0 Posts
:confused: how is the kit coming along?
have you decided on the final design?
how much scubarroos are we looking at$
how soon till we can see some pics?

·
Registered
2005 XT
923 Posts
One thing I was thinking of doing was getting the subaru lip for the 05 and seeing if the 04-05 or even 06 WRX STI lip fits under it. The black thin lip like so:

http://www.emotion-luv.com/s2040191.jpg

Being it's an Impreza frame I'm hoping it's equally as wide and similarly round.

-Alex

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
alex-

thats not a bad thought. If that doesn't work, i'm sure a cup-type spliiter or similar would work.

let us know how it goes...

_D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts