Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those of you who have switched to STI intercooler on your forester, what splitter did you change to? does the STI air splitter form bugeye/cockeye fit it?

·
Premium Member
2004 FXTi
764 Posts
I used the splitter from a JDM Forester STI. Got it from www.rallispec.com. It is different than the V7 STi splitter and fits better because the V7 STi splitter is for the 2.0liter engine on which the intercooler is differently positioned. Even with the JDM Forester STI splitter you will need to do some cutting and reuse your original rubber shroud.

Regards,
Justin Wade
2004 FXTi

·
Premium Member
2004 FXTi
764 Posts
pleiad7 said:
GTSpec makes a nice v7 splitter.
The catch is there is no splitter made to correctly position the STI intercooler with our hood. The GTSpec look likely to be harder to modify than the Subaru pieces. None of them will fit correctly without some modification.

Regards,
Justin Wade
2004 FXTi

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
wadejg said:
I used the splitter from a JDM Forester STI. Got it from www.rallispec.com. It is different than the V7 STi splitter and fits better because the V7 STi splitter is for the 2.0liter engine on which the intercooler is differently positioned. Even with the JDM Forester STI splitter you will need to do some cutting and reuse your original rubber shroud.

Regards,
Justin Wade
2004 FXTi
And how much did that run you for the FSTi splitter?

·
Registered
2004 FXT
830 Posts
zerosports splitter...

then I bought some garden door guard and added it to the air splitter, and made a tight seal b/n splitter and IC

·
Premium Member
2004 FXT '05 6mt r180 Carbonetics 1.5w lsd
1,094 Posts
GTSpec w/ a little modification....holes don't all line up. Nice ssteel splitter, but a little heavy....benefit is strength over lighter weight if made of aluminum.

Finished with some rubber garage door seal at the bottom to seal in air.

·
Registered
05 XT MT
2,564 Posts
Wasnt someone on here doing some custom fab work to have another splitter option? Will? Thought you were doing something on the old site? EvilXT on this yet? I havent gone there yet but I know many on here have the talent........(hint):think:

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
GatorXT said:
Wasnt someone on here doing some custom fab work to have another splitter option? Will? Thought you were doing something on the old site? EvilXT on this yet? I havent gone there yet but I know many on here have the talent........(hint):think:
Yeah, when it gets a little warmer and/or when I have some freetime, I will take the splitter off, get measurements, put it into a cad file for my buddy and we will finally get around to making a custom splitter to work w/ the STi TMIC. My buddy has been pretty busy so I don't see us getting that one done in the next couple months...hopefully summer time I will probably get around to it.

·
Registered
05 XT MT
2,564 Posts
sirwilliam said:
Yeah, when it gets a little warmer and/or when I have some freetime, I will take the splitter off, get measurements, put it into a cad file for my buddy and we will finally get around to making a custom splitter to work w/ the STi TMIC. My buddy has been pretty busy so I don't see us getting that one done in the next couple months...hopefully summer time I will probably get around to it.
Keep me in mind.........:wink:

·
Premium Member
2004 FXTi
764 Posts
sirwilliam said:
And how much did that run you for the FSTi splitter?
It was the same price as the USDM splitter as I recall. I think $110. Give Dave at rallispec a call to make sure though.

Regards,
Justin Wade
2004 FXTi

1 - 14 of 14 Posts