Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid CVT
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my local dealers has a new generation Forester 2.0 XS auto on demo.
I currently run a 2.0 XT auto and am thinking of giving it a try. I am aware that the teenage scribblers in the motoring press all say the same thing - very underpowered,especially in auto.

As a diesel auto is not available, if I want a new Forester it will have to be a 2.0 petrol. Can anyone share their experiences of driving this model? Some while ago I ran a Honda CR-V (mk 2) which had the same 150 ps as the Forester and that seemed OK to me. Why do all the reviewers - almost without exception - say it is so bad? I am sure it is beautifully engineered and seems to be very good value for money.

BTW, are there any rumours as to when an auto will be available for the Forester? I read somewhere that it would be a CVT - presumably a version of the Lineartronic in the Legacy.

Regards

HectorG

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,385 Posts
hector, i've driven an XS auto. I had one as a hire car when mine was in the body shop.

I could live with it day to day as it was a capable car, but I was so glad to get back into my 11 year old turbo. I am sure its great for pounding motorway miles, but where I live in the arse end of no where with lots of small windy country roads it would get really tiring really quick. I wouldnt say its slow but its no race car either and after an XT you might be thinking you've made a boo boo! Might be better on MPG though!

·
Registered
2016 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid CVT
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi mykp, thanks for your reply. I would imagine there are few of the new Foresters represented on this forum, so its always interesting to get any feedback.

Do you have any idea of real-world mpg?

Also, did you find it rolled around a lot on corners in your neck of the woods?

Regards, HectorG

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,385 Posts
hector,

Real world MPG is difficuly round here as it really isnt the real world. :biggrin: (macclesfield is the land of the chelsea tractor and orange housewives) I did 200 miles in it and put in £30 worth of petrol when it was about £1 a litre.

Round corners body roll was epic, especially after my forester. More I would say than my wifes Merc A-class.:crazy: However it was comfier than my forester and the wifes a-class.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts