Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
09 FXT on e85 AT
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

When I put it in sport mode then I start off at 2nd gear, I go for wot then expect the rev limiter to kick in. But what happens is that it shifts to 3rd! Im already tuned and have increased the rev limiter a bit. Its no use as the transmission has a mind of its own even if its supposed to be on manual mode.

This behavior is seen on our Forester xt 2009 edm. Do you guys in the US suffer from this as well? Our friends at the club with the 07 model have no issue with this.

If the USDM 09 10 forester does not have this transmission behavior, Im getting a US TCM on my EDM pronto! haha

Regards

Mark

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,545 Posts
Same here. It stops explosions or melt downs. :icon_frown: Besides if you are trying to go that high into the rev band I would think you are going to see a drop in power and torque thus not accomplishing what you really want to do, although I could be wrong! What are the revs when it does its auto shift?

·
Registered
09 FXT on e85 AT
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a little past 6000 when on second gear. The vf52 gets power way up high. Its best that the rev limiter kicks in rather than the transmission shifts and there's no way to adjust that.

The 2007 model does not do this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts