Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks

My wife is due to change her car (Passat 130Tdi sport Est) later this year. As she won't be doing a high milage with the next car, I'm trying to get her into somthing with a bit more poke!!
What sort of average MPG will we expect from the 2.5XT and is the boot large enough to take our two golden retrievers???
I have a UR quattro with the same power, I think this could be an interesting comparison.

Ian........

·
Premium Member
97 s/tb
983 Posts
Hi Ian
The boot is plenty big enough for the dogs
MPG is all about how you drive it. 28 ish has been the average on "normal" driving

·
Mr. November 2008
2015 BMW 335d xDrive GT Auto
969 Posts
Don't forget to budget for mods. First it will be some less-squealy tyres, then some suspension mods, then you'll start buying magazines with pictures of turbos and exhausts...

Eventually you'll sell the Quattro, buy a Focus diesel for the wife, and you'll be driving the Forester... :)

·
No more Foz !
03 Impreza Sti
1,912 Posts
I'm not getting anywere near 28 on mine - more like low 20's but thats probably because most of my miles are sat in traffic on the M3/M25 on the commute to work.
Plenty of space but agree about the mods - wheels/tyres/suspension/brakes all add up in order to get something near to exploiting the potential of that engine.
Have you thought about an ST220 estate as an alternative ? Wash my mouth out but there are some real bargains to be had..

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Blimey, lots of similarity here. A drop in annual mileage and gaining a dog saw me change my Audi A4 1.9tdi for a 2.5XT. Plenty of room for the dog in the back, look at my other posts and you'll see a picture of both. You will get a much more involving drive and will generate a lot more smiles than the VW. Though it isn't as well screwed together as a VAG offering and has a lot of design oversights in my opinion.

Mileage? 25 to 27 on normal runs, upto 30 on the motorway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts