Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove home a spark silver one today.

I paid $22900 include destination for an automatic pzev premium with all weather and no other options. I figure its a decent deal since Edmunds show the invoice to be $23747. Of course, the dealer fee was an additional $289 and that bit is pure profit for them. So far so good. :woohoo:

·
Registered
2010 Outback Limited
477 Posts
Congrats on your new Foz from the Keystone state.

·
Registered
2001 Forester
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you don't mind what was the final cost after taxes, fees, etc. The amount of the loan.

thank you.
$22900+tax+tag+fees=just a few dollars short of $24000. I didn't get a loan, I just pay the whole thing and got done with it.

·
Registered
2001 Forester
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I am not rich, I just don't believe in financing something that depreciates over time (house and education are different). Another factor that pushed me to buy is the new car tax incentive. Our current car is 9 years old, so we either need a new car this year or next year, and I highly doubt I can get the dealer to go more than $1500 below invoice in about 5 or 6 months.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I am not rich, I just don't believe in financing something that depreciates over time (house and education are different). Another factor that pushed me to buy is the new car tax incentive. Our current car is 9 years old, so we either need a new car this year or next year, and I highly doubt I can get the dealer to go more than $1500 below invoice in about 5 or 6 months.
I don't have enough sanitization solution for public transportation vehicles. :) If my current car broke down and was beyond repair, I would lease a car if I needed it to get to work. There's no way I'd take a bus to get to work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts