Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 forester manual
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how improved the performance is with the 2.0i-L. I test drove the 2.0i today and was decidedly underwhelmed. Does a chip make that much difference? It didnt (2.0i) feel as though there was enough power to get out of trouble on freeways.

Or should i just start looking at the 2.5i (6 speed manual only).

·
Registered
2014 2.0 XT Touring CVT
85 Posts
You'd be surprised just how much peppier the 2.0's become after their run-in period. I just came out of an XV which I thought was a slug when I bought it new. After 8 or 9,000km it just suddenly sprang into life - literally. It was like a switch was being turned on. Almost all other XV owners say the same. The Forester is heavier, and will never be a lively car with the 2.0 in it - but on the freeway it'll scuttle along very nicely.

·
Registered
2011 Forester S-Edition 5S-Auto
243 Posts
Go the 2.5 if you can IMO it goes a lot better than the 2.0 but I'd recommend to go and drive both the 2.0 & 2.5 back to back and go from there..

·
Registered
99 Impreza
38 Posts
If you want a 6 speed manual you're going to have to stick to the 2.0 because the 6 speed isn't available for the 2.5 in Australia. At least not yet.
I note that USA gets a 2.5 litre manual. but we get the 2.0 manual only.

That is ridiculous.

Its almost like Subaru wants the manual not to sell in Australia.

·
Registered
2013 Forester 2.5i CVT
18 Posts
I note that USA gets a 2.5 litre manual. but we get the 2.0 manual only.

That is ridiculous.

Its almost like Subaru wants the manual not to sell in Australia.
I know right? The CVT is a fantastic tranny though. I probably would have bought it anyway so my wife can drive it too, she cant drive stick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts