Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 forester S/TB Manual
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been searching a while and it seems the only way to get more power from my 1998 s/tb is to use and electronic boost controller. Does anyone know if there is some kind of ECU management that works? Rob tune wont work and neither will Cobb. I would much rather use engine management than the EBC.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2001 Forester STi 6spd with MapDCCD and 535hp
4,706 Posts
Bump for you. Not really sure how the engine management is done on pre-2002 subaru's. Can anyone confirm if Opensource will work on these ECU's, or does the OP have to resort to Piggyback style management for tuning?

·
Registered
1999 STB Automatic
1,558 Posts
Enduring Solutions Limited is one option

otherwise as you say an electronic boost controller HDI SBC-D-SE boost controller seems a relatively easy install without the need to wire directly to the ECU.

·
Registered
1998 Forester 5spd
7 Posts
I have a swapped 98 USDM 2.5 to a 98 S/TB and Im using a greddy emanage with a stock ECU to compensate for any changes I've done.

·
Registered
1999 sf5 forester sti automatic
10 Posts
Enduring Solutions Limited is one option

otherwise as you say an electronic boost controller HDI SBC-D-SE boost controller seems a relatively easy install without the need to wire directly to the ECU.

If you use a ebc like the hdi does it stop fuel cut from coming in? i was using a mbc and right when i got to 15 psi fuel cut would hit any thoughts? sorry to thread jack just thought it kinda applied here

·
Registered
05 Forester XT Auto
10 Posts
My father has one of those. He uses a MBC @ 12 PSI, and has run that way for more then 2 years. Works great.

I believe ECUtec can be used for tuning, but that probably cost more then the whole car with that licence.

·
Registered
1999 Forester 5sd MT
29 Posts
Bringing back from the dead a bit. I've contacted a couple tuners in my area and so far nothing. Got a suggestion from one to check out EvoScan.com. However, since there are no base ROM's on there would have to create one first.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts