Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are looking at purchasing a '10 Forester Limited. We keep cars upwards of 13 years so want to make sure the color will be the best for the long haul.
We are in Indiana so experience all seasons. Last cars/vans were silver or tan, tired of bland. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2010 Forester
619 Posts
We are looking at purchasing a '10 Forester Limited. We keep cars upwards of 13 years so want to make sure the color will be the best for the long haul.
We are in Indiana so experience all seasons. Last cars/vans were silver or tan, tired of bland. Any thoughts?
If you choose a new color that pops, it will likely be far out of style in 3-5 yrs. Remember that it really is a traditoinal looking SUV, not a Lambo, or Boss Mustang.
But the true bottom line is that it's YOUR money and you have to enjoy the car. Enjoy it NOW. You may not keep this one nearly as long. Time and lifestyle change things.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,091 Posts
Paprika Red's Nice and White's nice too, but I'm partial to Dark Metallic Grey. :woohoo:

·
Registered
2014 Forester Ltd. CVT
1,778 Posts
The grey is good; red and black as well. I have it in blue, and I think it tends to emphasize the grin too much; I also think it highlights the odd curves over the wheel wells too much. If I were to re-buy, I'd get it in black.

·
Registered
2020 Touring
151 Posts
Like Bobiam said, it's your money, it's your choice. Just make sure it's a color you can live with over the long haul.
Always wanted a gold colored car and thought my Forester would be it, Subaru dropped gold for '10 so I went with the Sage green. I'm happy with that choice and that's what matters most.
Btw, Paprika Red is really a cool color. The current Forester colors are all pretty "safe", meaning none will go our of style anytime soon.
Good luck with whatever color you pick.

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
14,501 Posts
Any color except black unless you like spendiong mega-time keeping it nice. Also black cars are hotter.

White is the most practical color...and really they don't show dirt as bad as other colors. They do get friggin boring though. Been there, done that.

·
2010 Forester XT 4EAT
1,118 Posts

·
Registered
2009 2.5X EJ253 Manual
2,802 Posts
Get the Steel Gray. In '09 it was a shade in between silver and dark gray. Not sure if it is a choice for '10. It is a timeless color plus looks good on the Forester. You may also want to choose a color that gets the black interior, since the platinum gray interior may start looking like @ss after 10 yrs. Or not. Mine is dark gray (looks very close to a metallic black just a few shades lighter) with platinum interior, and the interior stays clean but then again its usually just me in the car and occasionally my wife, kids are college age and no longer ride with us as much, hence no messes to try and clean off the upholstery etc.

·
Registered
2009 2.5X EJ253 Manual
2,802 Posts
P.S. note also that Subaru paint is the thin single stage type as is more and more common w/ automotive paint and as such tends to chip easier and also at least on mine (i.e. dark color) it takes on blemishes fairly easily from bird droppings, etc. Mine came with some light (mineral) water spotting here and there as a 'dealer installed option' which I didn't notice until awhile after purchase, in the garage under flourescent lighting. Due to this if I had it to do over I might be inclined to go with lighter color. Not a big fan of the satin white on the Forester, but the silver or the steel gray I would certainly be inclined to go with.

·
Registered
2009 2.5X EJ253 Manual
2,802 Posts
Sorry for post whoring, but one more note-- I saw an '10 in the copper/orange hue that is new for '10 and it looked very sharp. But that is going to be a trendy type color.

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5x
702 Posts
Silver and tan, tan and silver...BTDT. Yes you need some color in your car's life, but only you can decide. The Forester has some really nice colors. No doubt when you drive off the lot you'll experience some "color choice remorse", oh I should have got black, or I should have got sage green (not that there's anything wrong with them!). Look at all the colors, surely one 'grabs' you. Was there a car in your past that had a color you just loved? That was one reason I bought mine in Newburyport Blue. It somehow fits me, makes me feel good, I love walking away from the car in a parking lot and then stopping to look back at it. What color will do that for you????
Best wishes,
Steve
09 2.5X AT

·
Registered
2009 2.5X EJ253 Manual
2,802 Posts
Sage Green looks awesome on the Forester. Subdued, yet suptle and apparent. A nice hue shift from silver that is unique looking without appearing trendy or extreme.

I saw a sage green '09 rolling with me in traffic and was 'green' with envy, lol.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT 4EAT
2,265 Posts
You can never go wrong with red or burgundy (or in my case Camillia Red Pearl). :biggrin:

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,525 Posts
Satin White Pearl.............but considering you are in Indiana maybe the Sage Green. The SWP is a great color though, it doesn't get boring, there is soo much flake in the paint at dusk hours it almost looks silver to me at certain angles. It's very nice.

I also agree what others have said about the dark colors but I think Black is the all time nicest........hands down. Expect to spend lots and lots of hours so that it always looks that way. The littlest of anything shows up. I would only do Black as a second vehicle. Hey wait...........got one of those too. Good luck with your decision.

BTW the Paprika Red Pearl (copper/orange,.......good description) is sweet too but that may turn out to be a trendy color.......not lasting too long.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Awesome input

Originally leaning towards blue but concerned with the lighter leather interior. We are close to having two in college, one at home (6'1" 14 yr old boy/man). Might have to take a closer look at the dark charcoal. Husband will be selling/trading in a black accord (he likes black). Oh the choices! Now reading this forum wondering if we should wait for the possibility of the new transmission (CVT).

·
Registered
SH10 2.5X Premium 4EAT
260 Posts
u only have 3 choices if u want a darker interior:
paprika red pearl
spark silver metallic
obsidian black pearl

i say, spark silver ftw! but if u dont mind cleaning and attending to ur foz all the time, go for black on black! :rock:

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Settled the color

Looks like we are going with the Dark Grey Metallic. Husband is working the emails getting the best deal. What a great way to negotiate the best price. No high pressure confuse you with numbers in a small office. Wish us luck!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts