Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XS Auto
742 Posts
This journal is coming along very nicely. I am Subscribed!

If you want the F Badge you are probably going to get it cheaper from Subtle Solutions then from Japanparts.com.... Unless you ship to Okinawa :biggrin:

Do you ever drive to washington (spokane possibly) or west Idaho?

Also did you say hella horns?

·
Premium Member
2015 Premium XT CVT
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
This journal is coming along very nicely. I am Subscribed!

If you want the F Badge you are probably going to get it cheaper from Subtle Solutions then from Japanparts.com.... Unless you ship to Okinawa :biggrin:

Do you ever drive to washington (spokane possibly) or west Idaho?

Also did you say hella horns?
Thank You! I might make it back up North (Northwest) sometime in the next 6 months, Possibly August, but I dont know if I am driving or not yet. :/ Montana is home, so we'll see.
I do still want to do Hella Horns, but I need to order them, Wiring scares me. Never messed with it before, so the horns would be my first electrical job

As far as the F badge, I still want one, but I also need material for a mesh grill, which im having trouble finding locally.

I Love SUBTLE, my experiences with them are all good, and I love my Skid plate and Licence Delete. Both Superbly made products!

Standby For some Offroad Photos from today!

·
Premium Member
2015 Premium XT CVT
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
Registered
2003 Forester 2.5X Manual
659 Posts
Hella wiring is pretty easy. I'm a computer guy not a car guy and I did the wiring in about 10 minutes (once I realized that what I was wiring into wasn't the stock horns...) You'll need to get some bolts but they bolt right on and the wiring really is a cinch.

Also if you're handy (which since you work on aircraft I'll assume you are) you can make your own mesh grill. Just cut out the stock bars and go to lowes or home depot and pick up some diamond mesh, it's like 5 or 6 bucks for a 4x8 sheet of it. It's what I used in mine and from far away it looks as good as the subtle ones. It'll roughly give you the look you're going for until you can source a nice one locally. Or who knows you may do such a good job that you keep it! The only thing you need is a bit more low! I'd highly recommend some king springs if you wanna stiffen up the suspension a bit. It'll drop the ride by an inch or so, but it really firms up the ride.

Also is it an auto or manual?

·
Premium Member
2015 Premium XT CVT
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Also is it an auto or manual?
Thanks for the info on the horns... I checked home Depot several times for mesh, but the employees I end up talking to seem more lost than me.:crazy:
Anyway, Its Auto. Sure a manual XT would be lots of fun... But I have a blast in this thing and I love it!

·
Premium Member
2015 Premium XT CVT
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well BAD NEWS:

I seem to have developed a rough Idle after yesterdays rally car adventure... I imagine it had to do with hitting that 3 foot deep puddle going 40mph.

Problem: ONLY while STATIONARY, in Drive and Reverse the car shakes and shudders, After Ignition It starts fine (higher RPM due to cold engine start) but slowly drops off to 500rpm and the harlem shaking starts. As soon as I begin rolling at all, even without application of the gas, the engine smoothes out and purrs like it should.

Mitigating actions: :icon_question:

-Checked the air Filter today, (2 days after water crossing) thinking maybe it was clogged, and it was damp and crusty, I removed it completely, started the engine and it seemed fixed for about 30 blissful seconds. then started to shake again, (I think less shaky but I could have been imagining) Will replace later today.

-I added some kind of "clean your engine" "run better" from walmart yesterday, $3 and probably couldn't hurt I figured. I have Sea Foam now but have never used it before. Planning on using this half tank and adding Seafoam when I fill up next.

-I need to look further into the other applications of Seafoam as an engine cleaner, not simply a fuel additive. Like i said, never used it before.

I am curious what everyone thinks, I am about to go disconnect the Batt for a while, and reset the ECU? right? :shrug: I honestly couldn't tell you what that is or does, but everyone says to try that.

OK Questions... :icon_question::icon_question::icon_question: :icon_question:
What should Idle RPM be in a 2.5 NA forester while in drive/reverse and not moving?

What do you guys think about the O2 sensor possibly being bad? Possible Corrective actions?

Throttle body being stuck or gunked up somehow, and limiting air flow?

And lastly what should Idle RPM be in a 2.5 NA forester while in drive? (What does your idle at?)

Hopefully I get this figured out soon!!!

·
Premium Member
2015 Premium XT CVT
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Update:
Checked oil
tad Low
serviced it up a little
Drove to get an air filter
New Air filter installed.

No more shakes at Idle! :crazy::shrug: We shall see if it comes back or not... Super confused right now. Could adding half a quart of oil seriously fix that? My brain hurts.

·
Premium Member
2015 Premium XT CVT
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Here are some more from the other weekend! I keep up with the Jeep just fine!!
AWD! AWD!:rock:
[/url]
DSC_0612 by Jungst117, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]
DSC_0637 by Jungst117, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]
DSC_0673 by Jungst117, on Flickr[/IMG]

I am also trying to think of cheap easy mods for this weekend... Specifically the interior. Any Project Ideas for me???

·
Registered
2004 Forester X 5MT
15 Posts
Good looking Forester man! Mine is the same color scheme as yours, you've given me some good ideas of where to go with it.

·
Premium Member
2015 Premium XT CVT
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
21 - 40 of 61 Posts