Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How we are looking right now!
[/url]
DSC_0716 by Jungst117, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]
RALLY by Jungst117, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]
DSC_0612 by Jungst117, on Flickr[/IMG]
I Lived in Okinawa Japan for the last 2 years and have seen quite a few Sick Subarus. While home in Montana I Purchased My Silver 05 Forester. Drove it all the way to Louisiana and put about 2000 miles on it in the first few weeks. It has been holding up great, and even though its not an XT I still love it.

Japanese people are pretty scary drivers. But they drive slow, about 40 kilometers an hour is average. So you do have ample time to react to other peoples stupid driving mistakes, and accidents usually aren't fatal. Kids don't even wear seat belts most of the time. Being in the US now (Especially this close to Texas) I have seen an unreal number of large trucks. Nothing in Japan is bigger than a Tacoma. Maybe Im still in culture shock. But I am planning on buying some Hella Horns. I don't always use my horn... but when I do. I want it to be F**** loud.

----Completed Mods-----
Blacked out wheels.
Blacked out Grill/light plastic
Tint Windows
SUBTLE SKID
SUBTLE red F badge front license delete.
Red dome lights/ map lights
RA flaps-red detail
Stickers! (for speed)
All weather Floor mats
Square "subaru" crossbars
Thule air fairing
-----Ideas------
Hit up my Japan buddies for a JDM "F" Badge or grill
Mesh Grill
Hella Horns
AUX light bar
Lights
New head unit that can accept an Aux/ipod Cord.

·
Premium Member
2015 Premium XT CVT
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Nice boat! What paint did you use on your wheels?
Thanks! Buuut its not my boat, or garage, and for the record thats not me.

I sanded/roughed up the original sliver paint and removed any rust spots First.
-Wiped and dried paint dust away
-Air dry
-Applied Rust-olium Automobile Primer
-Dry for 1 hour, just to be safe... and Consumed 1 chilled Beer (important Step)
-Applied Krylon "Camouflage" Non reflective Matte Black
-3 coats approx 30-45 min apart.

I was planning on using DupliColor But they only had 2 cans in black and I figured I would need at least 3, maybe 4. I have had good experience with the Krylon Even though its not Automobile specific. (ended up using exactly 3 cans)
Hopefully It holds up... More to come on that.

·
Premium Member
2015 Premium XT CVT
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I have Been Busy! SUBTLE SKID INSTALLED!
[/url]
DSC_0458 by Jungst117, on Flickr[/IMG]

RA Flaps!
[/url]
DSC_0488 by Jungst117, on Flickr[/IMG]

Added some Mud...
[/url]
DSC_0467 by Jungst117, on Flickr[/IMG]

Screen Shot 2013-03-13 at 9.56.28 AM by Jungst117, on Flickr[/IMG]

AAAND Dad let me drive his 08 in the snow this weekend... :woohoo:
Fixed burnt fog light, Added some stickers,
bought all weather floor mats today
[/url]
Screen Shot 2013-03-13 at 9.56.12 AM by Jungst117 and I have square crossbars on order! Super Stoked!

·
Premium Member
2015 Premium XT CVT
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
HAD TO share this, Not mine, but a fellow Montanans!
[/url]
IMG_4115 by Jungst117, on Flickr[/IMG]

I dug up some more current photos of my Subie, With the Red SUBTLE F licence delete, This was "Detail" Day, Nice and clean.
[/url]
IMG_3980 by Jungst117, on Flickr[/IMG]

And Not so clean..
[/url]
IMG_3018 by Jungst117, on Flickr[/IMG]

Freezing rain at work.
[/url]
IMG_3933 by Jungst117, on Flickr[/IMG]

Oh Texans... Y U No like Snow??
[/url]
IMG_3158 by Jungst117, on Flickr[/IMG]

"Mine vs yours" game...
[/url]
IMG_4300 by Jungst117, on Flickr[/IMG]

·
Premium Member
2015 Premium XT CVT
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
More Photos on the Way by the end of the month! I Need to install Square extended Cross bars, throw the Floor mats in, and mount My THULE air fairing!

I am home in Montana, "Land of the Subaru" and Parts are Super easy to find :Banane17: Howevver My checked luggage, and Ski Bag is full of Car parts now. Had to buy extra Luggage to put CLOTHES in! :shrug:

·
Registered
2008 2.5x ll beaner
634 Posts
More Photos on the Way by the end of the month! I Need to install Square extended Cross bars, throw the Floor mats in, and mount My THULE air fairing!

I am home in Montana, "Land of the Subaru" and Parts are Super easy to find :Banane17: Howevver My checked luggage, and Ski Bag is full of Car parts now. Had to buy extra Luggage to put CLOTHES in! :shrug:
Dude, sweet ride!! I lived on Camp Kinser for a year.
Take it easy!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2015 Premium XT CVT
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Square Cross bars installed, as well as the THULE Fairing. We are looking better and better every day!
[/url]
Untitled by Jungst117, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]
[/url]

I Want to add a Rally innovations light bar, but I think the SUBTLE skid plate is in the way, so It might have to be a custom job, I am looking into local places to get metal pipe cut and bent.

I also have been thinking about CB radios and antennas, I wanted to get peoples thoughts. I don't want to say I am leaning in a strictly Offroad direction, but more of just a highly capable vehicle that I can drive to work every day. That will get me to trailheads, through the snow, and will handle well in messy weather. I mean Isn't that the reason most of us drive Subarus anyway?

What are everyones thoughts on Radios? useful? Fun? or just a pain in the ***...

1 - 20 of 61 Posts