Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester X Premium
942 Posts
Civic is one tough car, actually I prefer civic over my Forester, is just a tight car, and I have German Shepherds so I got tired of them hanging out on my back seat. If my forester will last as much as my civic did than I think I will never go back. But that is to be seen.

·
Registered
2007 Forester
185 Posts
Read that in USA Today

I'm so glad I chose the Forester! What a class ride and great off-roader. Feels better than my '98 CVR in every way. But I also loved the CVR. More love for the SF!

Safety wasn't the biggest factor, just a bonus. And my wife told me our insurance rates were lowered slightly. The Forester handles so well and feels so sure footed I can't wait to take it from Florida to Tennessee for Turkey Day at my Sisters place. Loving it!

Rick

·
Registered
98 Forester
5 Posts
Over on Jalopnik they're talking about how Toyota was whining about how the test was too hard and the results don't paint a complete picture.

Yeah, sure, whatevs - IIHS told 'em, don't like it, bring it. We'll test whatever you want. We don't mind crunching your cars.

·
Registered
98 Forester
5 Posts
My wife likes to tell the story of a friend of hers who had a Forester, fell asleep at the wheel. Next thing you know she's gone over the side, rolled over three times and is now WIDE AWAKE. Fire and Rescue brings out the Jaws o' Life.

"Don't cut up my car!"
"Lady, we gotta cut it to get you out!"
"It's a frameless window, it'll open right up!"
*whhhirrrrrr crunch...whhhhhirrrr crunch."
"Oh, $#^%# you jerks!"
Sure enough, the door opened right up. And after Fire and Rescue carried her to the top of the bank on a stretcher, she hopped off the gurney and was stomping around in a right state, ticked as all get-out...when a cop DROVE HER CAR to the top of the bank and parked it on the shoulder.
This wasn't what the only thing that sold me on the Forester, but it's on the list.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts