Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My fog lights are no longer working. I have checked and replaced the fuse, as well as checked all other fuses in the car and nothing is blown.

I have not replaced the lights but it seems odd that both of them would die at the same time.

Any ideas. As many of you may recall I had headlight trouble a few months back and it turned out to be a fuse.

BTW - the fog light switch (green light on dash) works.

Oh and yes my high beams are off.

THanks
Kevin

·
Premium Member
2014 Impreza Ltd CVT
3,319 Posts
If your light on the switch illuminates, then there should be power to the foglight relay coil. Other than that are the fuse, lights, or the relay. See attached .pdf

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,458 Posts
One of my fog light bulbs burned out a couple weeks ago. I'd check the bulbs; there's always a possibility that they did die around the same time.

·
Registered
2006 2.5XT 5 SP Man
1,012 Posts
i have got this problem on my 2000 Forester

the icon on the switch lights up but the green bar above it doesnt, neither lights work at all, any idea?? surely if it was a fuse then the picture on the switch wouldnt even light up ??

where abouts is the fuse box for the Fogs?

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,758 Posts
Start by checking for power. Take a trouble light or multimeter and check for currrent at the bulb and start working back from there until you get power.

·
Registered
2006 2.5XT 5 SP Man
1,012 Posts
the fuse is fine

i swapped the relay with the Air Con and it still doesnt work ....bugger

i will try and get a circuit tester on it and see what i can find out :(

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,263 Posts
The other thing you could check to see is if the plug for the fog light switch is fully plugged in or if one of the pins "wire" has been pulled out.

Pull the little pocket off drivers side & reach your hand up & push the switches out.

joe r

·
Registered
2006 2.5XT 5 SP Man
1,012 Posts
will do

thanks for that joe, if not i will have a go at it with the circuit tester at the weekend, working 7 days a week is really annoying me as i dont have ANY time for the car :( however i did manage to wash it yesterday :)

The other thing you could check to see is if the plug for the fog light switch is fully plugged in or if one of the pins "wire" has been pulled out.

Pull the little pocket off drivers side & reach your hand up & push the switches out.

joe r

1 - 9 of 9 Posts