Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester Premium
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

Forester is great, love it. But today was upsetting but not due to the car.

I walk out 20 minutes ago to get some fresh air and i find out to my horror there is a group of scratches in a vertical pattern on my passenger side front door.

FML.

Only one person parked next to me and he just left 1 hr ago. He was in a silver dodge charger rental and in a pissed off mood bc his rear brakes went out on his 07 accord.

I know it is him due to three facts:

1. 5:45 am i go to my car and warm up to go to gym, passenger side door is against the curb

2. 7:30am i come out of gym to go to work, everything on my car is untouched, no marks nothing

(WHO ISN'T ANAL ABOUT THEIR WEEK AND A HALF OLD CAR)

3. 7:40am I park my car in front of my office, give the car a look around to admire its beauty during the sunrise and to make sure there is AMPLE space between my parking spot and the next.

I give him a call after 5 minutes (yes i reviewed all these facts) of the discovery guns blazing. He says it may have happened by accident due to his rush, and he's very sorry.

Now guys i can't be mad at someone who unintentionally scratched my car and fessed up about it...

What tips can you give me about some scratch repair for subaru paint. it looks like only one of them broke the surface, the others look like i can buff them out.

Thanks

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
Ask him to put up for the cost of the repair. He should have offered already if he was a stand up guy.

Oh and he knew so why didn't he fess up to you instead of having you call him about it?

But how bad are the scratches? Clay bar and wax helps only so much.

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 4EAT
2,000 Posts
Clay bar and use the blood of the offender for lube....

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 4EAT
2,000 Posts
I was thinking more of:
"YOU HAD BETTER HOPE THIS WORKS BEFORE YOU RUN OUT OF FINGERS!"

But you got the idea.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
....do you have pictures? I would first try to polish out what you can and then re-assess the damage. Sometimes scratches can look much worse than they actually are. Something like Meguiars Scratch-X (readily available at most local auto part retailers) is a decent polish that works well by hand. It has enough bite to remove transfer and for spot corrections.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Try to polish it out, you'll get the best results with a buffer. If you can't polish it out then you could touch it up and then sand it smooth, then buff to a shiny finish!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts