Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 FSXT MT
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The XT in looking at had the flywheel replaced at 14K miles under warenty and then replaced again when they replaced the clutch at 55K miles. Does this mean it has been abused because a clutch replacement at 55k is questionable but 2 flywheels???? Or could this be from trying to fix jutter? The car is prettymuch spottless inside and out and seems to be well taken care of. Thanks for any info.

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,212 Posts
Subaru wont warranty a clutch unless you replace the flywheel. My '08 XT had a Hill Holder that would stick enough to where I would need to slip the clutch a lot to get going on flat ground. I had it adjusted right away but can see where ignorance could lead to premature clutch wear.

·
Registered
2015 Forester X 6MT 6-Gear Manual
1,373 Posts
If the car drives OK and the drivetrain doesnt seem sloppy or whiny, you're good to go. Slipping a clutch is easier on the rest of the drivetrain than dumping the clutch and jacking the CV and 1/2 shafts. If you call the service center that did the flywheel replacement, they should have service notes as to why it was done. Get the phone # and the vin# and make the call. This info also may show up on a carfax. No bets on that though.

·
Registered
2015 Forester X 6MT 6-Gear Manual
1,373 Posts
Subaru wont warranty a clutch unless you replace the flywheel. ... .
Surprising they would warranty either given they are wear items. I guess they could cover gross mechanical defects like balance or if a diaphram spring broke or the clutch chunked apart ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts