Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow suby lovers,

I noticed tonight that my wifes 05 Forester X floor mat on the drivers side was sort of bunched up under the pedals.I investigated it a bit,and noticed that the plastic hook that is near the gas door release was not inplace.I found it under the floor mat,and tried clipping it back in the hole in the floor,but it would not stay in place.The hole in the carpet looks as though it need to have something in it to accept the barbed clip to hold the mat in place.Also the hole in the carpet showed me that the carpet is off of the sheetmetal by an inch or so.Is that right?Do I need to get a new piece to clip into the carpet to accept the hook for the mat?Thank in advance.

Chris
79 early production Mazda RX-7 GS
83 Mazda RX-7 Limited edition
74 Mazda RE/PU
92 Dodge Ram Cummins diesel
05 Forester X auto red"hers"

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
My all season rubber floormats ripped part of the carpet off where the plastic hook is. I stopped using the hook and just slide the floormat back down away from the pedals every once in a while now

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
7,254 Posts
Here is what the 04 floormat clips look like.
part # 95033FC050
The one on the left has not been installed. They can be a bit tricky to install. I slid some backing material under mine to get them to clip in place.

I’ve added a second clip to my drivers side mat and one on the passenger side too. It involves adding a grommet to each mat. I can post a how to if anyone is interested.
Hope this helps,

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
I purchased some after market rubber floor mats, and don't use the hook. The mats I own are bulky and weigh a ton, so hopefully I wont have any problems. Usually In the summer I juse use the carpeted mats, considering my rubber ones are .. not the prettiest. Anyone know a good online dealer to buy factory floor mats from since mine are getting a little worn.

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,052 Posts
There is a TSB on mat hooks on our site. Id get the link but Im on my Pilot and thls takes forever

1 - 5 of 5 Posts