Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1998 Forester
Turned key to the on position to put down windows before I left the car for three hours - got distracted, left keys in ignition in the on position.

Three hours later - battery totally flat - got jump - let car run for about 15 minutes while I stood and talked.

Finally get home - in garage - turn car off and remove key to find that the dash board llights are flashing off and on and the parking lights are flashing off and on - sound like the blinker light sound. Crank car back up and turn it off again. Same result.

Turn on hazards - get a higher frequency flash. Know about the parking light switch - when I turn it on the parking lights just come on solid - turn it off and they go back to blinking.

Car now sitting in garage with neg battery lead disconnected.

Any ideas what this means??:help1:

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Solved with a single click - thanks so much!!!:Banane01:

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
I had a funny thing happen to me the other day..

I start my car all the lights flash on and then off right away, turn on my driving lights, and everything is A-OK

Driving down the road about a min later, all the lights, interior, exterior lights blink off, then on again after a second :shock:

Hasn't happend since, so I'm fine

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lynnep55 said:
Solved with a single click - thanks so much!!!:Banane01:
This just happened to me when I had the battery unhooked installing the gauge pack. About freaked myself out, thinking I'd screwed up the wiring. :spinnasmiley

·
Sydney Dinner Organiser
MY05 XT luxury
1,694 Posts
Must be something about your remote system (you have the remote on a fob rather than in the key - this is the non immobiliser ones?)

Ive disconnected my battery on a MY05 with immobiliser and dont remember any flashing lights.

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,052 Posts
It happens with the older systems, the ones that were compatable with the codealarm alarm systems.

·
Sydney Dinner Organiser
MY05 XT luxury
1,694 Posts
Older - for you.
But I dont think we ever got those here, I think all the SG/X series came with the immobilisers in Australia.

·
Registered
2007 X
14 Posts
My 99 is doing this but I don’t have a working keyless fob anymore. Anybody know of a plan B?

·
Registered
4 Posts
98 Forester parking lights flashing

I had the exact same situation occur and cannot stop the lights from flashing. I see that you were advised to "press the program button for one second (on harness near module)" . Where is this module and harness located?
BTW, this vehicle is not equipped with keyless locks. Any help woud be appreciated. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts