Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Forester
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum.

Can a flasher relay go out slowly? My right turn signal stopped working (no indicator lights, clicking, etc) then a couple of days later the left turn signal stopped working (also no indicator light, clicking, etc). I checked the emergency flashers and they did not work either. I was looking under the dash and I noticed a button that looks a little like a screw sticking out about 3/8" mounted in the panel beneath the steering column above the driver's shins. I pushed it and the flashers began to work. I checked the turn signals and they also worked. Does that button really do anything? or was this just a coincidence? Now, the turn signals stop working frequently, but I can get them to work by turning the emergency flashers on and off. The emergency flashers appear to be fine, now.

Thanks,

BZP

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
What year is your forester? The SG model foresters have the flashers and turn signals controlled by the module that is part of the flasher button in the dash.

·
Registered
1999 Forester
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: my emergency flashers and turn signals no longer work. Does this sound like a flasher relay or FunkyMonkey mentioned a module in the emergency flasher switch that I know nothing about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts