Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this Sunday I went to get an out-of-state NY fishing license.

It was $70!!!!! Holy carp, that's up from last year's $40 per license.

If I knew it was going to conserve, protect and develope NY state fisheries I would gladly pay twice that amount...and with a big dumb-***-looking-fish-catching-grin on my face.

But I know it's because the state government is trying to raise revenue for their horrible finanacial situation. Question: how is it that three of the highest taxed states, NJ, NY and CA are broke???? ***???

Anywho, I didn't catch anything on Sunday. Boo.

/end rant

PS - I really do love NY, it would be a dream if NYC wasn't attached to it.

·
Registered
2008 XT Sports
357 Posts
Whew!
Better catch a lot a fish at that price!

If I knew it was going to conserve, protect and develope NY state fisheries I would gladly pay twice that amount...and with a big dumb-***-looking-fish-catching-grin on my face.

But I know it's because the state government is trying to raise revenue for their horrible finanacial situation. Question: how is it that three of the highest taxed states, NJ, NY and CA are broke???? ***???

/end rant

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
239 Posts
The money is needed for the dirt bag, lifetime member, good old boy, network of scum we call NY politicians... They can't seem to do anything unless they personally benefit from it...right now I believe they are holding back state tax refunds to generate some extra cash as well. 95% of them should be fired, and then stripped of any pension, health care and other benefits. So that fishing license is probably paying for some committee, or several other useless people in some department that doesn't have any interest in fishing...
but I'm not bitter :)

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS Wagon Auto
3,683 Posts

/end rant

I totally agree, lololol, flame on!

·
Registered
2008 XT Sports
357 Posts
lol!
Look at any country's public administration, and it's the same...

The money is needed for the dirt bag, lifetime member, good old boy, network of scum we call NY politicians... They can't seem to do anything unless they personally benefit from it...right now I believe they are holding back state tax refunds to generate some extra cash as well. 95% of them should be fired, and then stripped of any pension, health care and other benefits. So that fishing license is probably paying for some committee, or several other useless people in some department that doesn't have any interest in fishing...
but I'm not bitter :)

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
239 Posts
It's because your state senators/representatives are still spending money like a drunk fat chick at White Castle.
Thank you... this will keep me laughing inside for days.. I must write it down..so many applications...:)

·
Registered
2004 fxt A/T
2,576 Posts
I don't think using the annual non-resident is a good example since 99% of the non-resident fisherman will not purchase it. The vast majority will get a three or ten day license, which are usually $15-$30.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts