Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 06 FXT & 05 OutB XT 6 Speed/DCCDPro / Auto
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a little shocked with the anti lock brakes the first time they came on this morning going to the store.. guess I will get used to it. Anyone else on their first winter with there Forester.... Any thing else I should look out for. By the way I love this thing. People just dont know what these things can do. Glad to be one of the few that does know..

06 XT stage 1 ... stage 2 in the spring...

·
Premium Member
2008 2008 2.5i-2018 XT
13,239 Posts
This is guaranteed to start a flame war between those who are superior drivers and don't need 'em to the rest of us.
Nothing special just allow them to do their thing and get off of them for a quickie if the car isn't going straight...which is usually un-necessary.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,878 Posts
Tires will also make a difference, if your running all-seasons you'll more than likely have the ABS activating more than if you had dedicated snows.

At least that's my experience, I was late getting my snows on this year and a light dusting of snow and minus temps had me stopping with the ABS on my all-seasons.. Switched over to snows and under similar conditions no ABS. Depending on your conditions a dedicated snow tire can be your best friend in snowy weather.

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5x manual
5 Posts
This is my first winter with my 09 Forester and I have some issue with the ABS also. I have found that when braking on dry pavement the brakes are frequently grabby on initial application. If this occurs on a slippery surface it will immediately activate the ABS to prevent wheel lockup. It has occured to me that this may actually be related to the EBS system (too sensitive?) and I am trying to develop a habit of smoother transition to braking. I am eagerly awaiting the forcasted snow for my area on Christmas so I can go out to the parking lots and play around some more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts