Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
7,251 Posts
I sprung for P Zero Nero M+S 225-55-16's. They are real nice. Not quite as good as a true summer tire, but close.

·
Registered
1998 Forester "S" lifted. Bog-o-matic
2,006 Posts
Love them so far.

Only downside is they could use a bit better traction on ice, but what tyre can't?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
My next summer tire will probably be the Falken Beta 451s

but i do remember reading about those Hankooks and the magazine said their dry grip was way up there but the wet grip isnt all that great

·
Premium Member
2017 Forester XT touring CVT
981 Posts
Toyo Proxes 4 running here. A very good A/S tire. Superior grip, comfortable ride, very low noise, and look to be wearing very nicely. Time for a rotation in fact. I definately will be buying them again.

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
7,251 Posts
yelnats_J said:
Toyo Proxes 4 running here. A very good A/S tire. Superior grip, comfortable ride, very low noise, and look to be wearing very nicely. Time for a rotation in fact. I definately will be buying them again.
I've heard the same thing here in Atlanta about Toyo's in general. One of my buddy's here has an older 911 RS America
http://www.rsamerica.net/

He swears by Toyo's.

I wish I owned that car. BTW, it is red.

J

·
0 Posts
My wife's 03 Forester, which we purchased new in May of 02, has run the stock Geolanders on it since we got it, except that during the winters its had Hankook snow tires on it. Here's a link to the tire I'm going to replace the stock Geo's with this spring, and the link that follows shows its Tirerack ranking. Its got a 70,000 mi. warranty and is only $49 each through Tirerack for the 225/60SR16 size (I'm going to see what the local tire shops want for it). Since a lot of the various Kumhos, including this one, for some reason are narrower than the stated width and narrower than other brands of the same width, I'm going with the 225's instead of the stock 215's. The speed rating is S (112 mph). The owner reviews on the Tirerack site for this tire really praise the tire.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Touring+A/S+795#Survey

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=ST

·
Registered
98 Posts
I recently replaced the Geolanders at 28,000 miles with Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S tires. They cost a little more, but they are much better in every way than the old tires.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi Retserof,
Any problems with you Exaltos? I bought a set a few weeks ago, and I am thinking of returning them.

Do you notice harshness while they are cold? I get this distinct resonance/vibration through the steering wheel at 50 mph, which feels like I am driving on a washboard surface.....not your typical wheel shimmy caused by unbalanced tires.

I recall another post a few months ago which indicated that many of the new generation tires establish a set similar to a flatspot, when they sit overnight.

Anybody else experience this?

Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts