Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester Premium
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

Just a quick gday from a first time Subaru buyer. I'm a Ford man through and through but couldn't go past the Forester Diesel Premium for a family car. I couldn't find anything else in the other brands that offerred the same features and styling for the cost. Ford's offering in the Territory was too large and the Escape is way too out dated. Hyundai ix35 is just a big little car and the wife is not a fan of the styling.

We took the standard Forester Diesel for a test drive around Mt Cootha and I must say I'm surprised at how well it handles for a 4wd. The thing has less body roll than my wifes Ford Fiesta. Power delivery up and around the steep corners and curves was very nice, finding it had more than enough torque in third and fourth gears to main the 60-70 kmh speed limit.

The wifey wanted the leather seats so we've decided to go the premium model. We went the Black (over the dark grey which wasn't instock), reverse sensors, rubber floor matts, kick panel, rear step bar, fog light covers, bluetooth, a couple cargo nets and rubber matt for the boot. And the price, $41,900 drive away.

Now yes the price looks extremely cheap for the premium let alone the options but it is true. I've purchased through salary sacrifice (perks of a government job) and therefore had access to fleet pricing. This and combined with Subaru making a mistake on their quote to the leasing company. When quoting, they added all of the above options to the already reduced fleet price of the premium, but forgot to add the $$$. The short, they agreed to maintain their quote as it was already out there on paper.

I was a little disappointed that we couldn't get the integrated reverse camera without chaning up the AVN and spending an extra couple grand just for the video. Not sure why this model is different than the petrol on that front....Any one got any ideas? None the less I'll just have to get a little Tom Tom.

We take delivery next Saturday (10th July) and am very excited. Whilst it does mean I have sell my 500hp XR6 Turbo (finally get that retaining wall done....), I'm looking forward to it.

Cheers

Josh

Edit : Reading the rest of the forums, best mention I'm in Australia.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Josh welcome, glad to have you here

Lot's of your mates floating around the forum so we hope you'll contribute your findings with us. For North America it looks like another year without the diesel.:icon_frown:

You can and should for your benefit and ours, update your location and you can even add your vehicle info to your Signature. That way it shows up every time you post. Just use the drop down menu in Quick Links and Edit Details and fill in a more regional location. I'm sure you will find some mates close by that will share your enthusiasm of the Forester. Then you can Edit Signature from the same menu and start with the basics, year/model/transmission (get that diesel designation in there somewhere) and you'll be good to go.

Cheers
Doug

1 - 6 of 6 Posts