Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

First Time Subaru Owner

338 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  2.5x_sleeper 
#1 ·
Hello everyone!

I'm a first time Subaru owner. Just so happened to come across a nice, clean '04 Forester with decent miles. I love the car, however in just several weeks of owning it, already finding out the ins and outs of the car. Seems like previous owners did not take care of it so now I am resolving a weekly check engine light. Hopefully after this weeks mystery I will be able to stop tearing up my hands and enjoy its full potential. Would like to shout out to all you folks who have been posting threads, helping troubleshoot and advising proper DIYs. It has been a massive help to me since I got my hands on the car. I have been constantly learning new things simply by exploring this forum. Thank you!

I have owned more than 15 cars in less than 10 years and can honestly say that this stock Forester has been the most fun to drive (with the exception of my former E30 swapped '88 325i and '88 RX7). Even with its current issues, it has proven to be quite reliable from the start. Unfortunately, some parts have ridiculous price tags and labor costs tend to be unbelievable based on the work needed to be done, but so far I have managed it on my own.

For anyone reading this, I would like to know if there is an independent Subaru shop in the Reno, NV area. I moved here only a year ago from Oregon and back home I used the same family owned auto parts store and repair shop for many years. I have had my fair share of experiences in dealing with dealerships and chain stores and just don't trust them with my cars anymore.

Other than that, I am looking forward to learning more as I go and stack up on my Subie adventures. Cheers!

See less See more
#2 ·
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.