Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.0XT Premium CVT
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, greetings from Pennsylvania! I’ve been scanning through the forum for about a year now, so I figured it’s about time I join and introduce myself 😅

To keep a long story short, I started running into issues with my previous vehicle (2011 Honda CR-Z) and ultimately decided it was time to try something different. To its credit, the CR-Z was a great little commuter car. As a hatchback coupe, it offered a reasonable amount of cargo space in the back, which is important for me as a musician who frequently hauls a decent payload. However, the low ride height was starting to get to me as a full grown adult, and it didn’t lend itself well to uneven curbs or steep inclines. I go camping frequently, which was a challenge with the CR-Z. Also, the CR-Z is terribly underpowered (122 hp).

I started thinking about what I really needed in my next car versus certain features I wanted. I’ve always been a proponent of functionality, so finding the right tool for the job was priority number one. I test drove a lot of vehicles during my search, but the Forester blew them all out of the water.

Thinking back, my first drive in a Forester was a rental car I was using while my CR-Z was in for service (go figure). This was well before I had any intention of car hunting. I believe it was a 2018 2.5i Touring with all the bells and whistles. I gotta say, it sparked something in me 😁

I was actually looking at a 2.5i pzev before I found my XT. To be honest, it checked all the boxes in my “needs” category and a few “wants” as well. Then I saw an ad for a pre-owned 2014 XT in my area. It didn’t have heated seats like the naturally aspirated model I was looking at, but the trade-off in power was of more importance to me for transporting gear.

After I test drove it, I was in love. This car had everything I needed and d**n near everything I’ve ever wanted in a vehicle. I’m coming up on about a year of ownership and I could not be happier!

I’m looking forward to being a part of the community and I appreciate you all for the help you’ve provided me with thus far 🙏

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Grats. Where u get the red front bumper trim?

I’ve seen pre-cut vinyl trim advertised on the web, but you really can’t beat 36 feet for under $5 USD. It’s enough to practice with if you aren’t happy with how it turns on the first go.

·
Registered
2021 Touring 2.5L CVT
112 Posts
What is that green looking gadget on the front right side do? Awesome car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The ring up front is a Perrin Tow Hook. However, Perrin does not recommend you actually use it for vehicle recovery...I’d stick to the OEM hook for that. I mainly got it for aesthetics and front bumper protection in the city 😉

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
$60 for the tow ring actually, I got it on sale. I figured it was a worthy investment following a parallel parking incident...I returned to my spot after being parked for a couple hours only to find a car backed all the way into my front bumper. It looks way better to me than those silly rubber bumper guards, and I’m sure they’ll think twice next time 😜

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
245 Posts
Thinking back, my first drive in a Forester was a rental car I was using while my CR-Z was in for service
My first Forester was a rental, too! In 2017 we visited Mt. Rainier and environs. Flew to Seattle and requested a 'mid' SUV at the car rental agency since we would be road-tripping through the mountains for 10 days. They gave us a 2017 Forester Premium. Drove all over through the mountains and surrounding areas, down into Oregon, and loved the Forester. When it was time to shop for a new car in 2019, the Subaru dealer was my first stop. Then drove an Escape, then a Rogue, then right back to the Subaru dealer. Hey, I had to at least PRETEND to do some shopping due diligence didn't I? :)

Subaru would be well-advised to give REALLY good deals to the rental car agencies since I'm sure it helps drive exposure and sales.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Obsidian Black Pearl 4EAT 99.7% stock
67 Posts
Ha, I like your tow hook...every car my son's buy gets a tow hook, chopped sticker and a Japanese subway hand holder ring. Red trim on the new foresters great! Congrats

·
Registered
2017 FXT (Quartz Blue Pearl)
9 Posts
looks clean and i love the tow hook addition

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring
6 Posts
Hey guys, greetings from Pennsylvania! I’ve been scanning through the forum for about a year now, so I figured it’s about time I join and introduce myself 😅

To keep a long story short, I started running into issues with my previous vehicle (2011 Honda CR-Z) and ultimately decided it was time to try something different. To its credit, the CR-Z was a great little commuter car. As a hatchback coupe, it offered a reasonable amount of cargo space in the back, which is important for me as a musician who frequently hauls a decent payload. However, the low ride height was starting to get to me as a full grown adult, and it didn’t lend itself well to uneven curbs or steep inclines. I go camping frequently, which was a challenge with the CR-Z. Also, the CR-Z is terribly underpowered (122 hp).

I started thinking about what I really needed in my next car versus certain features I wanted. I’ve always been a proponent of functionality, so finding the right tool for the job was priority number one. I test drove a lot of vehicles during my search, but the Forester blew them all out of the water.

Thinking back, my first drive in a Forester was a rental car I was using while my CR-Z was in for service (go figure). This was well before I had any intention of car hunting. I believe it was a 2018 2.5i Touring with all the bells and whistles. I gotta say, it sparked something in me 😁

I was actually looking at a 2.5i pzev before I found my XT. To be honest, it checked all the boxes in my “needs” category and a few “wants” as well. Then I saw an ad for a pre-owned 2014 XT in my area. It didn’t have heated seats like the naturally aspirated model I was looking at, but the trade-off in power was of more importance to me for transporting gear.

After I test drove it, I was in love. This car had everything I needed and d**n near everything I’ve ever wanted in a vehicle. I’m coming up on about a year of ownership and I could not be happier!

I’m looking forward to being a part of the community and I appreciate you all for the help you’ve provided me with thus far 🙏

View attachment 547252

View attachment 547253

View attachment 547254

View attachment 547252

View attachment 547253

View attachment 547254
Welcome, car looks great! We just bought our white, 2015 XT last year and absolutely love it. Definitely worried about parking here in Philly and might have to look into one of the tow hooks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Justinray, nice to meet you! I was actually in Delco when I had my parking incident...just a few blocks west of west philly 😂 Parking can be a crapshoot in the city sometimes lol

·
Registered
2014 2.5i CVT
236 Posts
Hello @frozSTI_fxt and welcome, great looking Foz! 🥂🥂

Cheers, EVC

1 - 17 of 17 Posts