Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester CVT
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and thanks very much to the forum members who have provided such helpful information in threads over the years. I will probably have nothing to add to the knowledge base because we bought our first Subaru a few days ago!

It's a 2019 Forester Premium with the Weather Package and the Blind Spot Warning, and the usual floor mats. We were looking new, but a local dealer had what we were looking for in a certified Forester with under 8000 miles (it was a dealer loaner), and at a significant savings over a comparably equipped new Forester. We're hoping that whoever used the car over the last six months didn't mistreat it!

I don't know that we got a fantastic deal on it -- perhaps it's because I'm not much of a negotiator, or because Foresters might not be discounted in Minnesota as they may be elsewhere -- but we're satisfied, and you can spend an awful lot of time trying to squeeze out the best deal.

The Forester is quite a change from our current car, a 2008 Ford Taurus with 216K miles on it and significant rust. While the Taurus still is pretty good mechanically, handles decently in the winter, and is spacious and comfortable, there's lots more usable room in the Forester, and we expect that it will handle our Minnesota winters better than the Taurus.

The generous greenhouse is a big reason we chose the Forester over the CR-V, Santa Fe, and RAV-4. We've liked the large greenhouse on our Taurus, and the Forester is the only car we were able to find that matches or exceeds the Taurus in that respect.

Again, thanks, and look forward to being a member here.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,828 Posts
Welcome! You will super love your Forester next winter.

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
14,201 Posts
Congrats. Yes you will like it more and more.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Keep in mind that most people who buy Subarus stay with Subarus from then on.

Don’t worry about the deal you got after you signed the papers. You got a great car and that is what is important at this point.

The great visibility of Subarus has been a huge benefit for years. I never liked the trend to smaller and smaller windows replaced with cameras and electronics. I prefer windows to see what is around me when I am driving (I also like the safety features in addition to visibility not in place of visibility.)

Welcome to the forum. Your Subaru sounds similar to the one we just added to our family fleet. I think we both made a great choice.

·
Registered
2019 Forester CVT
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum. Keep in mind that most people who buy Subarus stay with Subarus from then on.

Don’t worry about the deal you got after you signed the papers. You got a great car and that is what is important at this point.

The great visibility of Subarus has been a huge benefit for years. I never liked the trend to smaller and smaller windows replaced with cameras and electronics. I prefer windows to see what is around me when I am driving (I also like the safety features in addition to visibility not in place of visibility.)

Welcome to the forum. Your Subaru sounds similar to the one we just added to our family fleet. I think we both made a great choice.
Thanks very much, appreciate your thoughts, especially about not rehashing the deal. We are enjoying our Forester. I built a sleeping platform for it and we'll see how it works out this weekend. It would be great for one person, maybe tight for two, we'll see!

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
276 Posts
Congratulations on your Forester and welcome to the forum, @OldZephyr !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts