Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Forester
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
just joined the forum and thought I'd say Hi!

Picking up a '98 Forester S tomorrow that will need some TLC (dents, cleaning and HEAD GASKETS replaced!) Gonna do a little surfing through the site before I start asking "stupid" questions, like what was I thinking and what else I should check/replace like WP, timing belt, thermostat, hoses etc..
I do have some mechanical background, never worked on D.O.H.C. but have a manual and a fair bit of time to complete the work before I head out on the highway!

Look forward to "meeting" you guys over the next few months.

Cheers,

David

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT Sports 4EAT
541 Posts
Welcome from the East coast! I just jumped into a SF5 S recently as well, this forum is very helpful. Sometimes takes a while to get a question answered though, haha

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,924 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on the Forester purchase! Post up a picture when you get it so the members can look it over. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,878 Posts
Welcome, hope you find everything you need here, whether using the search feature or asking for advice.
I hope to be moving out to the Osoyoos-Oliver region sometime in the new year, just don't know exactly when :shrug:. Love what I've seen of the Okanagan and BC in general.
Dave you can also help us out by adding your vehicle info to your Signature, that way every time you post it will show, speeding up model specific responses to any questions you might post. Just go into your User CP, Edit Signature, add vehicle info like year/model/transmission, even though 98 was the only model year of the DOHC, there a lot of info here for the asking/searching. Good luck on fixing up your Forester.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts