Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So the foz got its first photo shoot (tripod was left at home :icon_frown: ) last night here are some pre-photoshop pics, tell me what you think!

FOB

This one will be fun to photoshop..

All in all i think without a tripod we still came up with a few good pics..

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
9,325 Posts
Very nice.I wonder how it would look if the pin stripe on the wheels was Gold to match the flake in the paint?

joe r

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Did you pay for these photos? The photos don't have good composition, I understand not centering the car but aside from the first two it seems like an afterthought. Considering how he framed the car I don't think the tripod would have helped. It would have helped the fuzziness in some of the pics, get a inexpensive digital camera and just start taking your own pictures. Spend a day and move the car to different locations play with the settings and your framing and see what you like. Odds are you'll come out with some decent photos, they can't be any worse. The forester looks amazing BTW!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I like the car, but not the angle of the photos. Way to jdm for me(pics)
haha funny your said that, my friend taking the pictures drives a rsx type s.

Very nice.I wonder how it would look if the pin stripe on the wheels was Gold to match the flake in the paint?

joe r
actually the pinstripe is a sticker type one, so if i could get my hands on a gold one maybe that would look good, great suggestion!

Did you pay for these photos? The photos don't have good composition, I understand not centering the car but aside from the first two it seems like an afterthought. Considering how he framed the car I don't think the tripod would have helped. It would have helped the fuzziness in some of the pics, get a inexpensive digital camera and just start taking your own pictures. Spend a day and move the car to different locations play with the settings and your framing and see what you like. Odds are you'll come out with some decent photos, they can't be any worse. The forester looks amazing BTW!
and no i didnt pay for the pictures lol, my friend took the pictures, just his style. I am definately interested in getting a quality camera though college student budget doesnt help

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
car looks good! What wheel is that? i'm liking it.

And did you dump it for the photos, or is that the car's daily ride height? SLAMMED Foresters look so sweet

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks glad you like it.

Those are 18x8.5 buddyclub p2's with a red pinstripe, wrapped in falken 452 265/35/18's.

Thats the daily driver height, sits about a fist from the ground to the custom skid plate that protects my headers.

no scrapes yet, apexi v1's coils so its super stiff.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Alright here goes:

The composition of most of those pictures is really good. However the framing of many of them just don't do it for me. Cars shouldn't be centered in pictures (In my opinion, take it or leave it) but they also should not have parts out of frame, unless it is a head on half shot like the first picture or the front half like in the second. But shots like the 3rd, 4th, and 6th don't really do it for me. Also, some of them look like the point of focus was not the car which makes the car look blurry, however I could be wrong and that may just be the lighting.

Now this said, I am not dissing anyone's pics, everyone has their own style that they shoot in and it works. I'm not saying that these are bad pics or that the person who took them was bad I am just pointing out what I would have done differently. I am also not, by any means, a professional photographer and am once again just offering opinions.

Now for the stuff that matters:

SWEET FORESTER :woohoo: :rock:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im happy everyone is liking the car, makes me feel like my work is appreciated :).

Justforfun, i agree 100% I think off centered pictures can be very flattering, but am not the fan of the camera tilted and what not. THe focusing you noticing is the lack of a tripod and the whole shot kinda got blurry.

Thanks everyone!!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Im happy everyone is liking the car, makes me feel like my work is appreciated :).

Justforfun, i agree 100% I think off centered pictures can be very flattering, but am not the fan of the camera tilted and what not. THe focusing you noticing is the lack of a tripod and the whole shot kinda got blurry.

Thanks everyone!!
Glad to see that you notice that I wasn't bashing, just pointing things out :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yup, next on the list is some new seats, bride :), and matching red rear upholstered seats.. what do you guys think of that?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Ya i need to get some better pics, gotta wait till i get home from college though... :/

Ya 265's, handles like a champ tires are silent no chirping, and best part no rolling and no rubbing!!!!!

Mod list
Custom 3" Turboback exhaust sti tip and bellmouth dp
Megan Racing headers/uppipe
(custom Skid plate because this^^ is about a 4inches from teh ground.....:( )
Snorkus Removed
Cobb Lighwieght pulley
Koyo Radiator
cobb ap v.2 stg2
Apexi v1 coilovers
Intercooler sprayer :p
Buddyclub P2's
Rally Armor UR mudflaps.
Falken 452 265/35/18
HomeDepot Lip < think its going bye bye though.
3k Hid Fogs
Custom Car Computer

probably forgetting some stuff.

soon to come.. bigger IC, and 18g or vf39 and a good tune soon for performance. maybe even some alcohol injection.
And brides and upholstering for looks soon.

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
9,325 Posts
By far I love the clolor of the 04's in black.The 05's have blue flake that is ok but gold looks so much more sexxy!

joe r

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
definately agree, i am very happy with it. I am considering getting some bronze or gold rims to go with it, possibly a red pinstripe aswell to match the rallyarmor flaps.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tailights, and Headlights, were done with VHT Nightshades, ive had thorough experience with this stuff and others, on friends and my vehicles, and have had the best results with VHT Nightshades.
Pm if you want a step by step process.

I carried the 265's over from my wrx, they still have more than 90% tread life left, and i cant praise them enough, falken 452's are great tires and the 265 wide is a perfect size for the car, handles great, it takes alot to get them to make a sound. I definately recommend them, not 100% positive on my offset, think its 45, but anylarger and they will rub. So looks like 265 is about as big as it gets.

Vinnyd how do you like the dom4? Supporting mods?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts