Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well if you didn't see my post displaying my new hella foglamp grille mount, where I had my car inside my new workplace, its a winery. I recently left my job and joined the family business which is wine.

So my father had to go to a wedding in florida this weekend so i was dog/house/grape sitting this week. He has 17 acres of property in frederick, md on South Mountain. The property backs up to the appalacian trail to give you an idea of where it is. It is really gorgeous out here and the pics below are only the tip of the iceberg since being as low as I am, w/ long grass I couldn't see ruts and rocks and with the rain, wet grass and star spec tires even where I could see I couldn't get a ton of traction. I would have ideally liked to wait until I got some sun to take the pics but with the leaves changing and the fact that there will be no more grapes tomorrow I had to act now. enough talking more pics

now with the grapes

this angle was quite difficult and scary since as you can see there isn't a whole lot of room between the rows to stash a forester. and since the tractor runs down there the ruts were kinda deep but I was determined

just in case I got stuck I did have support vehicles on hand

last spot

some of you offroad guys would have a field day with this location since there is a few spots that are "accessible" but just not for me. I wish I had a better camera to get some really nice pics but I think they turned out ok for a cheap cannon point and shoot

thanks for reading...comment welcome

·
Registered
2001 Forester Slushbox
1,784 Posts
Nice shots,beautiful location.
Your way to low for off road but I can help you fix that if the off road bug bites you.:biggrin:

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With the amount of money ive invested into being fast and handling great, I don't think I will be changing my set up to a off road forester anytime soon. Maybe once the snow hit lit the coiloverovers up and do some ice rally-x but nothing like you and smash and your crew get into

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,594 Posts
If you can afford some alignment now and then and some changing you could invest in some 2" lift blocks for your coils :biggrin:

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they are off a bit to the passenger side. As i said in that thread I still have to take everything apart and tighten/realign everything. I was just checking to make sure there were no sideffects on the cooling due to blockage

·
Registered
2003 XS MT
5,522 Posts
Nice shots!

I will admit I saw the thread and your name as the author and went, oh ****, where did he take that beautiful lowered foz??? :lol: glad you kept it tame, made for some beautiful photos.

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i walked the entire off-road route before i drove it to make sure of rocks and ruts and stuff that would be bad. i was creeping along and didn't go far off road.

I KNOW MY LIGHTS ARE OFF CENTERED!!!!!! will be fixed this week

·
Registered
2003 XS MT
5,522 Posts
Lol, so did you know they're off centered?

*RUNNING AWAY

When you get back in there to readjust, take some photos and tell me how you made that setup work?

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited
1,542 Posts
Need more mud!!!! Haha. Looks like an awesome place to go wheeling at man. Love that Forester too, well besides the offcentered lights.............*hides behind smash* ;)

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
if i get anymore comments about how offcentered they are, my camera batteries might be dead when i go to fix them:raspberry:

it really isn't a place to go wheeling and cruising around in mud since it is my dads personal property but there is a trail that leads from the bottom of the mountain to the top that is slightly grown over but prolly still driveable for some of you crazy guys

1 - 20 of 20 Posts