Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone. My wife and I just bought our 17 year old daughter a new 19 Forester Touring for her soon to be graduation present.

We literally have a boatload of kids so our first 5 “kid cars” consisted of 2 VWs, 2 Mazdas, and a Jeep. This one only wanted the Subie from day one so we did the factory order process to get exactly what she wanted (white with saddle brown interior). It’ll be here the first week in May.

I’ve always been a Subaru fan (from afar) but because of our large family we have never been able to get one. Now that we are a couple of years into that 45-54 demographic, we are also looking to downsize soon and a 2020 Outback is on the list for our next family vehicle, especially now that we have kids moving off to college and a couple getting married this year. :)

Anyway, if my math is right I think this is new car number 30 so I’m hoping it’ll be a good one for my daughter. I drive a Taco and my wife has a Yukon XL, which we are about to sell as part of the downsizing process.

Hello again and I look forward to getting this awesome SUV and to hopefully making a few friends. I’m pretty active on Tacomaworld too.

·
Registered
2019 Forester
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. It took us long enough but we are really looking forward to getting her in an extremely safe ride with world beater visibility. I was also pleasantly surprised at how nice the new interior is. The lines between this class and the “luxury” SUVs are very blurred, at least to me they are. Me second oldest daughter’s Mazda CX-5 is also nice so I’m hoping the Subie treats us well. :)

·
Registered
2019 Forester
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought I’d post a quick update. Our Forester got here early and the dealer delivered it on 4/30. The fit and finish is simply outstanding and we couldn’t be more pleased. Our daughter loves it. The panel gaps all the way around the car are identical and the interior looks great - we really like the Touring trim. In fact, we like it so much until we are thinking about ordering one for us to drive as a family car with so many of the kids moving away this year! I really wanted the 2020 Outback but my wife just doesn’t like wagons so Forester it is!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts