Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am want to introduce myself. My name is Justin and I am the proud new owner of a 2010 2.5X Fozzy with 8900 miles on it. Yes, you read that right 8900 original miles. Long story short a co-worker family member purchased the car new and then stopped driving. They, unfortunately, passed away quickly and then the car was stuck because of an issue with the will. After all said and done the family wanted to sell it quickly since no one wanted it. So here we are today it's my DD and I am ready to pass it down to my daughters to learn on how to drive. I am excited to contribute to the site with my knowledge and learn from others while swimming thru the B.S :wink2:

Picture of her in the garage. Still trying to figure out a name for her....

Attachments

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,995 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

Reactions: Ozark_Synthetics

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5 XPremium 4EAT
863 Posts
Hi & welcome!

Great story :) I hope car and new owner are both very happy.

How about William or Wilomena, considering the circumstances of coming to own the car?

The timing belt will need doing ASAP - 105k miles or months, whichever elapses first. Change all the idlers and water pump at the same time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information, I was looking at putting new pulleys as well on it from Grimmspeed or COBB or someone else while the work is being done. Any thoughts on that upgrade? I am changing all of the fluids over to AMSOIL product.

Haha Willomenia..I should put up a vote to help decide..lol

·
Registered
863 Posts
Yep, fluid change all round, including front and rear diffs, brakes etc would be a good move.

For my 2010 which I have I owned since new I've just kept everything OEM and that would be my recommendation to you, others may offer differing advice.

Check out Annapolis Subaru, a sponsor of this site, they offer great value OEM timing belt kits.

https://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f125/forester-timing-belt-kits-76277/

·
Registered
863 Posts
Transmission wise, I wouldn't bother with a flush but would drain 4 quarts out (which is appax what you get out from the drain) and put 4 in, cycled over a couple of months.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts