Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2011 WRX Hatch Manual
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
been lurking on here for a while, might as well say hello.

picked up my forester on 5/1 and could not be happier.

the next day i jumped right into personalizing it, so far i have succeeded in blacking out pretty much anything i can.

which includes
blacking out the rims, all the silver dash and door pieces, exhuast tips, fog light surrounds, front grill, and steering wheel controls.

first things first is the brand new subie fresh from the dealership

done so far:
plasti-dip fog light surround
plasti-dip chrome around grill
black out grill center

plasti-dip chrome exhaust tips

black out silver and chrome on stock leather shift knob

black out radio bezel

black out all 4 door handles

black out entire silver dash and center console and steering wheel cruise/radio controls

black out stock rims

blacked the upper door silver part on the 2 back doors.

not an easy task....

i have a ton more in mind that i would love to do,

including
-front and rear sway bar
-catback exhaust - thinks the SPT version
-swap door handles to black base version
-sport mesh grill
-tint front windows and sunroof
-upgrade to better performing tires
-lower it on sti springs
-OEM subaru front lip
-better brakes(hopefully from WRX or STI brembo set)
-tint the tail lights
-black out inside of headlights
-de-badge the back
-paint brake calipers black
-clear bra

·
Registered
2011 WRX Hatch Manual
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I will Post some photos once i hit 15 post count... in the mean time if your interested you can check out what i have done so far on nasioc.

add the http: it wont let me link yet //forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1982555]2010 forester modification project - so far - NASIOC

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT
122 Posts
looks good...but how long will that paint last on the grill? will it fade after a short time? have you noticed and rock chips on it, yet?

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,810 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

To start a Member Journal, go here & start a new thread, which will be your Member Journal. Make sure your thread title is correct, since only admin or a mod can edit it, once you post it (been there). :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2011 WRX Hatch Manual
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks good...but how long will that paint last on the grill? will it fade after a short time? have you noticed and rock chips on it, yet?
i used 2 kinds of paint on the grill, the chrome surround is plasti dip from a rattle can. it has a rubberized finish and is pretty damn durable, it is prayed directly on the chrome finish and sticks really well. the benefit of the plasti dip is that it can be peeled off later on with no sign it was ever there, and it protects from rocks(well any normal road debris) and can easily be re-applied if it gets messed up.

the other paint i used is the SEM trim black for the grill portion, that stuff sticks to everything and looks amazing up close. i used that same paint on my rims and all the silver plastic in the interior. i also used it on my 08 outback's rims all winter in the mountains without so much as a chip in them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts