Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1988 rx
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have started a savings account. It will accrue monies until I have enough to buy a Fozzie. I know $60 doesn't sound like much but its the first step in a plan to have a replacement for my SCATURD wagon within a year.

·
Registered
2009 forester
136 Posts
good for you bro. good luck. maybe in a few months we will see some pics.:woohoo:

·
Registered
1988 rx
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the plan is to pay off the wagon then put the car payment in the bank and build up 4-5k and buy a nice SF outright

·
Registered
1998 Forester
23 Posts
Or you could do what I did and get a $350 SF and rebuild it. I started saving up to upgrade from my 90 Civic Wagon (Had to buy it when I lost my job). Then I came across my Forester and decided it would be nice to have as a project while still driving the Civic Wagon...Sometimes I regret it when it doesn't go my way but in the long run I think it will work out to be about the same as buying a market price used one but all my maintenance will be done and I'll know what shape my car is in. Just a thought

Good luck with the savings

·
Registered
1988 rx
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would go for a fixer but living in an apartment precludes me from extended down time projects. This is why my RX has had to take refuge at friends houses when it needed major work done.

I'm really liking the look of the "S" model SF and I think I'll be looking for one of those when the time comes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts