Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2006 2.0 XE Manual N/A
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just upgraded my laptop browser to Firefox 26.0.

Now when I visit this forum it takes an absolute age to load a page.

The browser tab says "Connecting", another tab at the bottom left says "Waiting for static.verticalscope.com ..." and CPU usage goes up to 99%.

It sits there with the fan blasting away for a minute or so then the page loads and everything calms down again. Until the next time I try to load a page.

This doesn't happen on any other web sites I've visited so far.

Any suggestions?

· Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,070 Posts
Three words... Ad Block Plus - most of the slow scripts are advertising.

· Registered
2006 2.0 XE Manual N/A
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I have the Firefox Ad blocker plugin enabled (don't know what it's called, I'm at work at the moment) and that didn't help.

I'm using another PC at the moment with Firefox 25, no ad blockers, and it's absolutely fine.

I have used Opera but the recent versions are bloated and slow.

· Registered
2002 Outback H6 4EAT
1,050 Posts
I've noticed issues with various AutoGuide forums. Everywhere else has been fine.

Here and subaruoutback.org have been super slow and frequently giving me the Not Responding message on FF26 for several seconds.

· Registered
2005 XTEn Auto
1,083 Posts
I have used Opera but the recent versions are bloated and slow.
That's odd I moved from Firefox to Opera and then Opera Next because I found Firefox bloated and slow. I now run Next on four machines and find it lightening fast. Maybe it depends what system you use, I'm still on good old XP and aint moving.

Max.

· Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,070 Posts
I've noticed issues with various AutoGuide forums. Everywhere else has been fine.

Here and subaruoutback.org have been super slow and frequently giving me the Not Responding message on FF26 for several seconds.
Poorly written advertising scripts are the issue - suspect something will have been "fixed" in the latest version and it's causing the ad script to break.

· Registered
2002 Outback H6 4EAT
1,050 Posts
Poorly written advertising scripts are the issue - suspect something will have been "fixed" in the latest version and it's causing the ad script to break.
Interesting. If I run the sites in the IE Tab add fon for Firefox, they run fine. But doing so disables AdBlock Plus.

So I get to choose between fast site or adds.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.