Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2006 2.0 XE Manual N/A
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just upgraded my laptop browser to Firefox 26.0.

Now when I visit this forum it takes an absolute age to load a page.

The browser tab says "Connecting", another tab at the bottom left says "Waiting for static.verticalscope.com ..." and CPU usage goes up to 99%.

It sits there with the fan blasting away for a minute or so then the page loads and everything calms down again. Until the next time I try to load a page.

This doesn't happen on any other web sites I've visited so far.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2004 FSTi 6 speed manual
1,974 Posts
Remember Google is your friend :)

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
Three words... Ad Block Plus - most of the slow scripts are advertising.

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,926 Posts
ABP in use in FF26,.....................

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 Forester S Turbo Manual
932 Posts
FF25.0.1 for me and its fine on Win 7. Actually, 26.0 has just downloaded when I went to check. I also use the Ad Block Pro.

·
Registered
2005 XTEn Auto
1,139 Posts
Try Opera Next.

Once you've mastered the Speed Dial its a great piece of kit

Max.

·
Registered
2006 2.0 XE Manual N/A
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I have the Firefox Ad blocker plugin enabled (don't know what it's called, I'm at work at the moment) and that didn't help.

I'm using another PC at the moment with Firefox 25, no ad blockers, and it's absolutely fine.

I have used Opera but the recent versions are bloated and slow.

·
Registered
2002 Outback H6 4EAT
1,062 Posts
I've noticed issues with various AutoGuide forums. Everywhere else has been fine.

Here and subaruoutback.org have been super slow and frequently giving me the Not Responding message on FF26 for several seconds.

·
Registered
2005 XTEn Auto
1,139 Posts
I have used Opera but the recent versions are bloated and slow.
That's odd I moved from Firefox to Opera and then Opera Next because I found Firefox bloated and slow. I now run Next on four machines and find it lightening fast. Maybe it depends what system you use, I'm still on good old XP and aint moving.

Max.

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
I've noticed issues with various AutoGuide forums. Everywhere else has been fine.

Here and subaruoutback.org have been super slow and frequently giving me the Not Responding message on FF26 for several seconds.
Poorly written advertising scripts are the issue - suspect something will have been "fixed" in the latest version and it's causing the ad script to break.

·
Administrator
2016 & 2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,475 Posts
There were some denial of service attacks a few days ago, but I haven't heard any recent reports.

·
Registered
2002 Outback H6 4EAT
1,062 Posts
Poorly written advertising scripts are the issue - suspect something will have been "fixed" in the latest version and it's causing the ad script to break.
Interesting. If I run the sites in the IE Tab add fon for Firefox, they run fine. But doing so disables AdBlock Plus.

So I get to choose between fast site or adds.

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.0XT CVT
181 Posts
I was ready to post till I saw this thread....am on my laptop also and this site ONLY, is WAY SLOWWWW really!

using firefox on windows 7

1 - 15 of 15 Posts