1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2005 forester sti 6MT
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.paulwebber.prodigynet.co.uk/tools/find_old_threads.html

NB - you can save this to disk for re-use by right clicking above + save as

this util also works for any other sites - just change the URL in the second box

don't know how long Google will keep cached copy of Subaruforester.com so use it quick while you can - just remember to click the cached link in the search results for old content!

enjoy! :D

paul w

·
I Heart Beer
2000 Forester L
714 Posts
thats awesome
this should be stickied in the general forum :)

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,053 Posts
I keep getting pricebusters :(

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
7,251 Posts
pwebb said:
http://www.paulwebber.prodigynet.co.uk/tools/find_old_threads.html

NB - you can save this to disk for re-use by right clicking above + save as

this util also works for any other sites - just change the URL in the second box

don't know how long Google will keep cached copy of Subaruforester.com so use it quick while you can - just remember to click the cached link in the search results for old content!

enjoy! :D

paul w
Paul,
You can not imagine how glad I was to find this. It almost brought tears to my eyes. I can now easily rebuild many of my old mod posts if I have to. I've downloaded 17 pages.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
03 2.5X 5MT
653 Posts
Nice! Unfortunately, like the old site, my mind is not accessible as to what I actually want to get from there..........(that is/was mine).

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
I have used the method described and recalled lots of old posts :) - but - I can only access the first page of a thread. I do not seem to be able to call up subsequent pages.

Am I missing something :?: (A brain perhaps?)

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
What happened? I was getting price busters for the longest time and now I have to re-register? What gives?

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,459 Posts
rolilk said:
What happened? I was getting price busters for the longest time and now I have to re-register? What gives?
Cliff notes: The hosting company on whose server sf.com was hosted let their domain name expire. It was snatched up by a cybersquatting company who subsequently pointed all of the domains hosted on that server to their pricebusters page. We were then forced to start from scratch. :(

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
OK now I understand what went on..thanks for being truthfull on everything.

·
Premium Member
03 2.5X 5MT
653 Posts
He's Canadian so it should be Coles Notes not Cliff Notes. :D

·
Administrator
29,459 Posts
walla-ru said:
He's Canadian so it should be Coles Notes not Cliff Notes. :D
Oh you Canucks always have to be different! :p

·
Premium Member
03 2.5X 5MT
653 Posts
Yeah and while we're at it...

you phone someone, not call them (think they can actually hear your voice and know you want to talk)

and it is centre not center, neighbour, not neighbor, should I go on??

·
Administrator
29,459 Posts
Yeah, I know... I have to phone our sister company in Richmond, BC several times a day sometimes. :wink: And my boss is Canadian too!

·
Premium Member
3,144 Posts
walla-ru said:
Yeah and while we're at it...

you phone someone, not call them (think they can actually hear your voice and know you want to talk)

and it is centre not center, neighbour, not neighbor, should I go on??
yes, and all of the above are correct, glad you lot are finally taking notice. :lol:

·
Premium Member
03 2.5X 5MT
653 Posts
What's the name of the sister company? I might be familiar with them since I went to UBC for graduate school.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts