Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
05 XT 5mt
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got a chance to install my P&L CBE. It sounds great! The fitment was perfect after picking up a couple of hangers from Carquest. The Kartboy x-longs were not long enough. Other than that no probs. Its 3" stainless, the welds look great. You can hear it from inside but, there is virtually no drone. You can barely hear it when cruising on the highway. You can make it angry sounding at WOT though:biggrin: Overall I would say this is a great CB. I cant seem to attach files or attach links

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,949 Posts
^^ You're required to have 15 posts to link to a host (to prevent spamming), but you can attach pictures now. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 5MT
87 Posts
3" cat back seems too large, you notice any lower end torque loss? Did you do an ecu reset after? I suppose the snail will spool quicker though... and the top end should be amazing.

·
Registered
2004 Subaru FXT MT
1,853 Posts
3" cat back seems too large, you notice any lower end torque loss? Did you do an ecu reset after? I suppose the snail will spool quicker though... and the top end should be amazing.
You are misinformed...you can't go too big post turbo. If emissions and sound weren't design parameters, you would pretty much just dump straight off the turbine...

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 5MT
87 Posts
You are misinformed...you can't go too big post turbo. If emissions and sound weren't design parameters, you would pretty much just dump straight off the turbine...
Zero measurable torque loss?

I didnt get 3" on my DD because another group of members swore up and down all day that it was the equivalent of a straight dump and lost torque. Two of them sold their 3" systems and got 2.5"

:confused: Perhaps the turbo itself provides enough backpressure....

Either way, ArmyXT, glad you like the system!

·
Registered
2004 Subaru FXT MT
1,853 Posts
Zero measurable torque loss?

I didnt get 3" on my DD because another group of members swore up and down all day that it was the equivalent of a straight dump and lost torque. Two of them sold their 3" systems and got 2.5"

:confused: Perhaps the turbo itself provides enough backpressure....

Either way, ArmyXT, glad you like the system!
Yes, they are misinformed as well. The turbo provides more than enough backpressure to give you the cylinder scavanging that you need. Seriously, you can't go too big post turbo from a performance perspective.

·
Registered
05 XT 5mt
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. A few more posts and I can post a link for my sound clip! IMO I dont really feel any difference down low. I think I can feel a small difference mid and high rpm. Even if there was a loss it only temp, cause I see a turbo upgrade w/ UP and DP in the near future

1 - 12 of 12 Posts