Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 5MT
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today i had some free time and wanted to finish up installing my center console pieces that plasti-dipped, and also custom made some brackets to get the JDM water cooler to be installed correctly! I have the the led wired up for it as well as the top piece that fills the gap just need to install the it. the led is bright green and you can see it behind the tinted door when you turn your headlights on! :) pretty nice feature! as well as the subtle solutions ash try gauge pod i installed! any way on with the pics( i'll post day time ones tomorrow!
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

This is the upper piece that fills that gap on top! just need to install it :raspberry:
[/URL][/IMG]
► Edit - moderator's note - the images on this post are not recoverable. :frown:

Bobby...

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 5MT
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the hose and i have found the spot that it hooks into behind the dash, i just need to make an adapter for it since the hose ID is smaller then the plastic line behind the dash! other wise it's 99.9% installed and functional. side note, i picked up a 16oz can of Rockstar today and put it in the cooler, lol it was able to shut just not latch closed. so it can EASILY fit two 12oz cans of whatever in side there! :) and the green led that goes with the cooler, i may swap that out and put a UV color LED in there instead so it's not as visable when closed

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 5MT
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hence how it's complete two days before a 10 hr road trip to South Dakota!! :) it's actually a pretty nice feature, just wish i had a 05+ so it would have been a direct bolt on situation! :-\ but it's all good, I bought my tools for a reason right? ha ha anther thing i just thought of too, is that if you put something cold in there and shut the cooler off, ie. close the slide, it keeps it cool still just not ice cold.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 5MT
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL yea.... I was waiting for someone to say something on that!!! thats another story in it's self there! i was sitting in the car doing this with the Ipod on and spaced it out to watch my volts on my turbo timer and so i died, my jumper pack was dead too, haven't used it in over 3yrs so it may be shot! :-( any way i had my case of electrical terminals on my dash (normally i solder EVERYTHING) and i went to pop my clutch so i could get it charged back up a bit and when i did it went flying off the dash and on the floor lol OOPS! :crazy: so yea, but they were used for hooking up some connections for the gauges so that if i need to take the lower console off i can disconnect them via quick connects. that gauge pod from subtle is VERY nice i just like them down low so now when i drive at night they're not right in my face!(had the perrin steering column pod from a previous car)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts