Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After all the other mods Ive done so far I figured it would be time for the snorkelectamy to happen. But I did notice mine was white and not black. How many of you guys found the silencer to be white? Just about all of the DIYS Ive read are black ones. Is this just something with the newer Xt's?

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,956 Posts
Mine was fluorescent green with hot pink flames....

Just kidding. Mine was white as well. How you like the sound?

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
I believe all the facelift SG's have the white one, looks to be of slightly different shape to the old black ones as well. Probably did it at the same time the washer fluid bottle was moved.

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It sounds pretty good. My Cobb TBE is quiet enough that you can still hear the turbo spool most of the time. Thanks Funkymonkey ,Just wanted to make sure I wasnt the only Xt with a white resonator :icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,956 Posts
^^^^ Totally, that's why I put it back in.. FTW.

Actually it's still out and I love the sound.

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea Ive noticed that the more I drive it the more it starts to sound the pretty similar as before . When I put on the Cobb DP the spool sound was more noticable than ever and now without the snorkus it sounds a little more "wistley" buts thats just about it. I may put it back on since we have those random downpoors here in texas or figure a way to keep water out of the box.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts