1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 XC diesel CVT
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This just received from Kris at Kings:

Thankyou for your inquiry

We will have Part No's KSFS-55 (front) and KSRS-56 (rear) to raise your model vehicle approximately 5-10mm from factory std height in the next few days. These have an increase in spring rate of approx 25%.

Costs are as follows:

Front Coils AUD $ 170.00 per pair
Rear Coils AUD $ 170.00 per pair
FedEx Air (3-7 days) AUD $ 255.00 per (set of 4 coils)

Total del. you is AUD $ 595.00 (set of 4 coils)

Horrendous shipping cost is for a single set to the UK, before anyone goes apoplectic...
Now. Where's that UK Kings group buy thread :)

·
Premium Member
2015 XC diesel CVT
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gonna bump this with a note that there's now an application for SLS-equipped cars too.
KSRS-57

anyone tried these yet?

·
Registered
MY09 XSn 2.0 Diesel 6MT
967 Posts
IM (Subaru UK) don't appear to be interested in any form (of official capacity). So no offer to fix the suspension.

But on a happy note, mine is in tomorrow (Mon14th) for the Gearbox repairs, and maybe a clutch :icon_eek:, and maybe a steering rack :icon_eek:

Although we won't know the result until the cold weather returns, since we will be unable to test if the gearbox fix has been effective :shake:.

·
Premium Member
2015 XC diesel CVT
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bump bump...

So I finally have four bright yellow coils. Only two on the car yet, but...

Seafreight shipping took a lot longer than anticipated- dispatched early October, arrived a week before Christmas. Now as I'm not a fan of working under a car in the snow, I finally got a chance to put the rear springs in today.

Someone in Kings made an oopsie, and sent me two -56 rear springs for nonSLS. After some discussion re. normal loading of my car (I'm a field engineer, loadsa crap in the back) it was decided that I should give them a try before returning them if necessary for two -57s.

So. What are they like? Absolutely as advertised.
Hub centre to arch height this morning (depressurised overnight) of the stock springs was 435mm
The same measurement with the new springs in, and a 10 mile drive to settle them and pump the shocks up, is 455mm.

Both are within Subaru's spec.

Handling? Much improved. Much less roll, no jiggling or bouncyness. The lack of roll makes it feel like the tyres are working harder- almost like understeer.

I'll update once the front springs are in too.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Touring 5M
447 Posts
Great write up and keep us updated on your experience and feeling with the new coils!

I have received mine 2 months ago..but will be waiting for summer to install them with other parts that I have been accumulating.

great new that the handling has improved let us know how is the ride stiffness when you have all 4 installed.

:Banane35:

·
Premium Member
2015 XC diesel CVT
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
and the fronts are in. Just like the rears, VERY close to stock height. Appreciably firmer, but well controlled by the stock struts.

It's only anecdotal, but I found these Kings- although much firmer and barely shorter free-
easier to compress w/ the compressor than the stock items. Odd, I know, but that's how it felt.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts