Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 FXT
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to installing a boost gauge in the forester after having my hose start to slip off my tmic i decided i needed one. I got an autometer carbon fiber mechanical .

door shut

door open

close up of the gauge . i notched the bottom of the plastic where the ash tray would sit then mounted it in there .

·
Registered
2004 FXT
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice look. Does it light up at night?

excuse the crappy cell pic but yep i wired it up to the light on the cigarette adapter plug to turn on with the headlights. the gauge lights up and they gave you either a green or red gel to cover the internal light of the gauge so you can pic the color the gauge lights up

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
looks good from far away, the dremel job could have been a lot cleaner... im guessing that is a 60mm gauge. subtle-solutions has a really nice plate surround to fill up the excess space.

its nice to have another green lit gauge option!

·
Registered
2004 Subaru Forester XT 5 speed manual.
741 Posts
Not bad. :) Nice way to remain stock looking when you close the door. I still need to install one myself too!

·
Registered
2004 FXT
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys. i know the dremel job wasnt the cleanest but from the driver seat i cant even see it with the door open. and im probially going to get the subtle gauge mount once i get another gauge and its a 52 mm gauge

1 - 7 of 7 Posts