Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2003 2.0 Forester X
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys after owning my 2006 2.5XT for eighteen months and having had the engine, ECU, Turbo and various sensors replaced with no end in sight to the problems being solved I have decided to sell the car and never darken the doors of a Subaru dealer again.

What a bad experience Subaru UK was as bad as the dealer, basically they were unable to solve my problems and once out of warranty wiped their hands of he problem. I could fight them but it is time to cut my losses and go elsewhere.

Just to tip you off if you are intending to buy or know someone intending to buy BJ56 OKG do not go anywhere near it.

As I am selling have a look on Ebay as I am selling a dog guard, deep cargo tray, sports front grill and I will shortly be putting on two sets of floor mats one in rubber and the other carpet with the gold Forester stitching.

If you intend to bid goodluck and goodbye. :icon_sad: :icon_sad: :icon_sad:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sorry to learn that customer satisfaction was not forthcoming, I can still remember when any issues were put right by the garage.
Also what vehicle do you intend to purchase in place of the Subaru?

Best Wishes for the future

·
Yorkshireman, not a DUDE!
2011 Mitsi RA Sportback SST
2,966 Posts
On my only contact with IM people face to face I got the impression that they were not too concerned about the UK market and wouldn't pull out all the stops to help a customer with a lemon.
A bad experience for you, a shame. Thanks for the warning.

Good luck for the future.

Brian

·
Registered
2003 2.0 Forester X
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would you believe a Skoda vRS estate diesel with DSG etc fully loaded

Sorry to learn that customer satisfaction was not forthcoming, I can still remember when any issues were put right by the garage.
Also what vehicle do you intend to purchase in place of the Subaru?

Best Wishes for the future

·
Registered
2003 2.0 Forester X
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Complete loss of power like the turbo had stopped working. They had all but called me a liar until I took the car to Ian at Litchfields and then things started to happen but after 18 months and CVC Cardiff, the dealer, would not honour a warranty on the engine even though they replaced it under an existing warranty I just lost all confidence in the car and the brand. Shame they used to be one of the best.

Shame, what problems were you having?

Max.

·
Registered
1997 forester stb manual
1,435 Posts
thats a shame ...have you thought about contacting a national newspaper or local one ? That normally works ...did with me once ...i had a vw golf gti years ago and my local vag garage said they had serviced it when in actual fact they just used the car to do a 40 mile round trip in! (i always reset the odo when i leave my car with someone) no service was done but they insisted they had, I threatened to go to the local papers with the story and suddenly got the next 2 services free......

·
Registered
2006 Forester 2.5 XT
52 Posts
That is such a shame.

I have an identical car (on a '06) with 78k on the clock and she (touch wood) has never missed a beat. I am really surprised to hear your troubles....

I can totally understand you not wanting to pursue - i would feel the same.

Get yourself into the Skoda, forget the past and enjoy.

Oh and the vRS Estate with DSG are a stonking motor!!! You'll love the MPG to :) Very nice car and a great choice.

I couldn't have one as i'd never get home in winter with FWD..... hope it all goes well for you

PS - PM sent :biggrin:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Bad luck I fear :( I had a similar problem with the Skoda Octavia I had... went through 3 catalytic converters in 4 years and had close to every part of the engine swapped.

·
Registered
2003 2.0 Forester X
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for your reply it fills me full of confidence with the new car I am going to buy you have just proved why Austrians are a bunch of morose no hopers. I hope you never suffer the problems I had with my Forester but unlike you I would never point out issues I had with previous cars to some one who is going to that mark. Thanks for nothing sorry you gave us Stella lager and that's *****.

Bad luck I fear :( I had a similar problem with the Skoda Octavia I had... went through 3 catalytic converters in 4 years and had close to every part of the engine swapped.

·
Registered
2003 2.0 Forester X
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Define a Racist, Stella is a ***** lager that's not racist it's a fact and they have described themselves as the most boring race on this planet. But then again as you "US" types live in total isolation to the rest of the world then you are obviously the best qualified in the world to comment on someone who is a racist.

Before we get into this I would just like to remind you of the way you have treated the original north americans over the years and still do. Don't begin to lecture me on the term racist until you right the wrong your country has and still perpetuates on it's natural inhabitants.

Wow. You should have said you only want to hear cheerleading for you. Racist too?

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
Define a Racist, Stella is a ***** lager that's not racist it's a fact and they have described themselves as the most boring race on this planet. But then again as you "US" types live in total isolation to the rest of the world then you are obviously the best qualified in the world to comment on someone who is a racist.

Before we get into this I would just like to remind you of the way you have treated the original north americans over the years and still do. Don't begin to lecture me on the term racist until you right the wrong your country has and still perpetuates on it's natural inhabitants.
I won't deny that Stella is *****. I won't even deny that we "US" types tend to be a little too self-righteous. And yes, okay, we're isolated and our forefathers (Englishmen btw) systematically annihilated the native Americans. Finally, if you feel that Austrians are a bunch of morose no-hopes, fine. But giving Austrians their own ethnicity-- "most boring race on this planet...."?? :crazy:

How very German of you. :icon_wink:

Although I jest, really, in all sincerity, you have my deepest sympathies for the hell you must have experienced while in possession of that awful (lemon) Subaru. Hopefully, there may be a bright side to all of this. Best wishes. :icon_biggrin:

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,129 Posts
:
Define a Racist,
Racism is the belief that race is a primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.[1] Or, on the opposite side, racism can be described as the belief that a certain race or races portray undesirable characteristics.

Thanks for your reply it fills me full of confidence with the new car I am going to buy you have just proved why Austrians are a bunch of morose no hopers.
Close... :rock: I know, somethings will never change...

But then again as you "US" types live in total isolation to the rest of the world then you are obviously the best qualified in the world to comment on someone who is a racist.

Before we get into this I would just like to remind you of the way you have treated the original north americans over the years and still do.
Again I'm not sure what place nationality has on a automotive forum. I can see your isolation has given you a pretty narrow view of the ROTW. I'm just pointing out the obvious. :icon_rolleyes:

...unlike you I would never point out issues I had with previous cars to some one who is going to that mark.
Not sure why you're on a public car forum then? Pity?

Well guys after owning my 2006 2.5XT for eighteen months and having had the engine, ECU, Turbo and various sensors replaced with no end in sight to the problems being solved...

What a bad experience Subaru UK was as bad as the dealer, basically they were unable to solve my problems and once out of warranty wiped their hands of he problem...

Just to tip you off if you are intending to buy or know someone intending to buy BJ56 OKG do not go anywhere near it.
You are slagging off a car yourself it seems? ::shrug:

·
Mr. November 2008
2015 BMW 335d xDrive GT Auto
969 Posts
I'm just wondering how Belgium got dragged into it :huh:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts