Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 XT Auto
42 Posts
What steps did you take for the paint correction? Just a step 1 polish, or did you go 2 step with a deeper with a cutting compound?

The thing that irks me about the F11 is it advertises as polish and sealant that *replaces* wax. Sounds more like a filler that hides scratches in the clear coat :(. I imagine its sufficient for minimal time investment and every day use, but if spending time to do a paint correction, better off using a full synthetic/ceramic coating, and then putting a layer of wax on top of that!

Fozzie looks great btw! Not bashing, but trying to understand what steps you took and what works. Been studying up for a couple of months to do a PITA job on my Legacy's marred up black paint, in preparation to getting the Fozzie's DGM looking dark and rich.

·
HCFFHC
2017 Forester 2.0XT
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After the clay bar I broke out the light. I looked for swirl marks and scratches. I was amazed at how good this paint was. Very few swirl marks and only a few scratches. Due to it being minor, I broke out the DA Polisher and Meguiars Ultimate Compound. There was no need for a deeper compound. After that I used Rustoleum Tar and Wax remover to do a complete wipe down. And checked the paint again. Corrected a couple places I didn't see, wipe down again with Rustoleum Tar and Wax remover. Then applied the F11.

I wanted to see for myself if F11 stood up to its claims. So far it has. I'll be doing a wash this weekend and let everyone know what I think. F11 recommends Foam Cannon, rinse, and then wipe down with plain water. So we will see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts