Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester X Sports
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Just wanted to post up my big success with the brake and suspension swap I have been on here and nasioc asking questions about. I sourced all my parts from members on the 2 forums, as well as gathered all the info from many of you as well. Thank you so much for all the help!

Pics and descriptions at:
08 Forester STI suspension and WRX brake swap - a set on Flickr

I still have a long way to go, some details I want to take care of. And of course, eventually, I want turbo or H6 power and the 6 speed!

Thanks for the parts, all the help and for looking. I hope you enjoy!

·
Registered
2004 FXT 5MT
1,142 Posts
Nice pictures, the project looks cool, I didn't know 08 Xs comes with rear drum brakes...

From the pictures, it looked like you were working on gravel with factory jacks :icon_idea:

·
Registered
2008 Forester X Sports
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! Yeah, I was out the dirt playing legos hahaha. I use moving blankets and plastic trays to keep relatively clean and organized. And yes, those are scissor jacks, but I also had blocking and jackstands in there too! I have a floor jack, but it leaked out. And the work must go on haha.

I was in a rush to do my post, but I am gonna go back and edit in all the contributors to give credit where its due.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts