Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mr. April 2008, Image Master
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using one of these or know of anyone doing so? Or should I be laughing at it? I know alot of people run magnetic drain plugs, to moniter motor health. Right? :think:
Shouldn't this do the same? If you want to open your oil filter...

D

·
0 Posts
I think it's magnetic and goes on your oil filter, it's supposed to catch fragments from going into your engine or something like that, at least that's what I think it is, I may be totally wrong. If it is that then I heard that they are functional.

·
'03 XS MT PSM
2015 Ford Focus ST
2,371 Posts
I've seen clamp on magnets for fuel lines, but never for around the oil filter. Interesting. I'd think that it would mess up the operation of the oil filter, but then again, if there's enough metal in your oil to fark up the filter you have bigger problems.

·
Registered
58 Posts
mikebike357 said:
I've seen clamp on magnets for fuel lines, but never for around the oil filter. Interesting. I'd think that it would mess up the operation of the oil filter, but then again, if there's enough metal in your oil to fark up the filter you have bigger problems.
What Mike said!.......I believe the magnets would work.....BUT.....you better get the problem solved!

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
They work great on the oil filter. And due to the all the oil flowing past, they should do a much better job than a magnetic drain plug.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts